gear question

fastblackblur

Registered
Did anyone else have a hard time becoming comfortable on the bike when they started warring full leathers. Recently I've been trying to shift my ridding attire from jeans and jacket to full leathers but I feel like I'm having a hard time relaxing on the bike in full gear. My question to those that frequently ride in leathers is this just something that they needed work through also?

thanks

gary

I have a set of one piece and two piece leathers. They do take a while to "break" them in.
I have heard of some people getting in the shower with their new leathers on so they break in sooner. Yeah, I'm not doing that!:rofl:

The gear does take some getting used to. If you are in a one piece the 10 minute leather dance does actually come down in time and effort with practice. :rofl: I have to say that just about every time I go out for a ride Brit rolling laughing by the time I make the door. The new move involves jumping up in the air hunching my back and swinging the suit over my shoulders before I hit the ground. Quite entertaining! :rofl:

Also it helps if you wear a lycra or spandex type long sleeve shirt and bottoms. So you dont stick to the suit when sweating in it!
Under Armor and Starter make some nice stuff.
Or you can buy a Psycle suit! (One piece Underarmor Type suit) to go underneath the leathers.

The gear does take some getting used to. If you are in a one piece the 10 minute leather dance does actually come down in time and effort with practice. :rofl: I have to say that just about every time I go out for a ride Brit rolling laughing by the time I make the door. The new move involves jumping up in the air hunching my back and swinging the suit over my shoulders before I hit the ground. Quite entertaining! :rofl:

:rofl: I know EXACTLY what that looks like. It is quite funny. Like DRFLGD said....the UnderAmour stuff helps immensely. But even with it....you still have to kinda "jump up & into" a 1 piece.

Last edited:
It takes a while to get use to the feel of leathers. The major thing is to make sure they fit properly. They should fit snug but not so tight they are uncomfortable.

Let's face it, leathers are heavy, rarely fit properly everywhere, hot, major undertaking just to get them on and the arse always looks as if a covey of quail just flew out of the seat of your pants!

No matter how much effort needed to wear leather, it's a wise decision. You'll be so happy you were in full leather if you fall off your bike! Be patient, you'll get use to them in time.

Thanks for the words guys. It's not so much an "I'm uncomfortable in my leathers" as it is "I am uncomfortable ridding my motorcycle aggressively we wearring leathers"

I think I'm going to go on a little 200mile ride friday and hopefully this works itself out.

Also it helps if you wear a lycra or spandex type long sleeve shirt and bottoms. So you dont stick to the suit when sweating in it!
Under Armor and Starter make some nice stuff.
Or you can buy a Psycle suit! (One piece Underarmor Type suit) to go underneath the leathers.

+1,000,000,0000,0000,000...well you get it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the words guys. It's not so much an "I'm uncomfortable in my leathers" as it is "I am uncomfortable ridding my motorcycle aggressively we wearring leathers"

I think I'm going to go on a little 200mile ride friday and hopefully this works itself out.

Are they too tight? The under armor really helps with the leather not feel like it sticking and not letting you move.

i think the suit fits fine i'm just not used to moving around the bike with them yet. I'm assuming that all leathers somewhat limit your mobility. I just don't feel as confident in all the gear.

Depends I am a lot more mobile in my one piece then I ever was in my 2 piece. Others have different opinions. If you are bare skin under the suit that part of it.

Back