Picked up some new gear

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
at lunch yesterday I went to newenough.com here in Shallowater picked up a couple of things one is a mesh riding jacket cause I think its gonna be way too HOT here this summer for my leather jacket. boots for comfort and protection I tried on a couple dif styles went with the cheap ones cause these were very comfortable walking around in and still pretty tough.

Question as far as riding jeans(leather,mesh etc) for hot west texas weather whats the most comfortable with the protection not being too compromized?

Bye the way you'll all be proud of me concerning my knee break. 4 mths gone by know I'm riding again its been GREAT but I had been semi squiding it every since I got Charity. Had a leather jacket,gloves and helmet of course but would just wear jeans and leather shoes(Reeboks) in other words no protection waist down. but Sunday I was riding around here in lubbock and went and hit one of the clover leafs on the loop (note broke right knee) running around 50 going in coming out at 70+ ish rubbed my RIGHT toe on the pavement a few time and something just clicked when pushing her down like that (besides that I liked it!) but the click was thinking squiding it isn't gonna work if I'm gonna ride agressively so hince the new gear.

bluesetup.jpg

Nice jacket. I bought the Setup boots like yours from newenough last year. They are real comfortable and are wearing real well. Up here in Missouri it gets pretty hot and I wear the Joe Rocket Pheonix mesh pants. Not the best protection, but better than jeans.

It sounds like "Living In Texas" gives you simular weather conditions as I deal with in sunny south florida...lotsa rain during the spring, lotsa high heat in summer and even some cold temps in the winter..and that's what attracted me to the "VERSATILITY" of Cortechs HRX riding gear...as it has a "Two Stage Liner System"...actually making it "Three Stage Gear"...as follows...

The Jacket & Pants themselves are a Mesh Leather/Tex...real fine mesh were it doesn't count and extremely supple brazilian leather where it does count...along with CE Approved Hard Armor w/ multi-density foam..and the hrx jacket and pants are plenty comfy and provide great airflow in the heat....then?...there's "The 1st Stage Liner" you can insert via easy to use lash/loop snaps and one main zipper...the 1st stage is a waterproof/windbreaker and the part that goes in the jacket was also designed to be worn alone as a civilian waterproof windbreaker...then the 2nd stage is a thermal liner that zips into the 1st stage waterproof liner...in both the jacket and the pants...so?...hot, wet or cold?....you're covered...annnnd...extremely well protected...annnnnnd...comfy and plenty mobil (ease of movement)..

Here's my Cortech HRX Jacket...

Cortech2.jpg

And I liked the jacket so much that I went ahead and bought the matching pants...This 2nd pic isn't a very good one as I was carrying a lot of junk in my pockets but...here's my full outfit...

ARCHI2.jpg

also...the jacket and the pants zip together....with a 360 zipper around the waist..excellent all weather gear.

Hope that helps and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hey Jinkster, what do you think about the Cortech's?  I bought a pair of the pants and went back and picked up the jacket later.  I'm tickled so far but I don't have any heat up here yet to try out just the mesh.  I bought the black but it's not much different.  Thanks.

Dan

<!--EDIT|TennBusa
Reason for Edit: "Fat fingers"|1141861120 -->

I always look at it this way
rock.gif
, if I go down
sad.gif
, what do I want to be wareing so when I get up, I look like this  
biggrin.gif

Back