Gear position sensor/ neutral indicator.

norm wilding

Registered
I'm building a custom bike using the Busa motor. I'm not using the Factory ECM or wiring, but want to have a neutral light. Anyone know if the oem gear position sensor could be used to operate a neutral indicator light ?

I'm building a custom bike using the Busa motor. I'm not using the Factory ECM or wiring, but want to have a neutral light. Anyone know if the oem gear position sensor could be used to operate a neutral indicator light ?
:welcome: to the Org...and your first post. Gr8 site,awesome people.
The GP switch has 3 wires. Black,pink and blue. Testing resistance across the blk and pink will give you 7 levels of resistance.1 level for each of the six gears. Neutral will show zero. For your modified bike to get a working neutral light it will have to get +12V from somewhere and I'm guessing the blue wire could be used to complete your new circuit,used basically as a switch. When your trans is in neutral,it would close the circuit. I think...:laugh:
Perhaps put your new neutral light to ground and also to the GP switch. Feed the pink wire +12V. When the switch is in neutral it should feed 12V to the blue wire. I think...
Rubb.

Yes. Two wires are connected when in N. The other is used for resistance to indicate gear selected. I don't remember which are which, but it is easy enough to figure out with a meter.
THANKS DENNIS. You were right. Blue and black form a continuance in N. So I fed a live to the neutral light, and ran the ground through blue and black of the gear position sensor, and it works perfectly..... Thanks again, norm.

Back