gas mileage

Installed a speedo healer and checked against GPS =
guns.gif
MPG
After getting rid of the factory error my mileage went from 50 on the highway to mid 40's.
Added a 16 tooth up front and my mid 40's went to high 30's, but it is a fun ride
firedevil.gif

We rode ocean city and back for breakfast ( 400 miles for eats
tounge.gif
) last sat.

We kicked down at average 75 - 85 mph coming back we hit little traffic aver prob 65 - 75

my bike got 43.4 down and back
her bike got 42.9 down and back

Around 37-39 running Brock's Hindle, his map, small box mod and each trip is usually a combination of high speed interstate cruise and typical backroads twisty stuff.
beerchug.gif

after 1050 miles, 38 . I did get 42 one fill, but I think that fuel pump was calibrated off. 38 seems to be the consistant number and that is hand calculated.

my last survey of approximately 12 K miles of mixed riding came up with 36.7MPG.
super.gif

I'll reset them next fill up.
biggrin.gif

I think it depends on your maps and parts installed as well.

I pulled 29 on my first tank.

Once I started cruising a lot more, I was pulling low 40s

Now it's currently at about 40 or so, but can go as low as low 30s when I wick the throttle a lot.

never checked? but i can tell you when setting out across the desert fill up first
wow.gif
i thought i was going to run out yesterday, but i made it
super.gif

(kennym4 @ Aug. 23 2007,15:16) Never saw mine go above 50, I usually get 35 to 45, depends on how I'm riding. I've had low as 29 on a real fun day !!
+1

Same for me!

My first tank got me 29mpg. I did one long highway stretch and got 44mpg on that tank. City riding gets me 34-36mpg. Over the entire 1,100 mile history of my bike, I'm averaging almost exactly 35mpg. I reset Trip 1 after every tank and let Trip 2 roll indefinitely to cover the entire bike's history.

No Offense but if You are Really Worried about gas mileage on a BUSA then Guess What ? You Bought the Wrong Bike.
SHOCKED.gif

(dadofthree @ Aug. 23 2007,11:57) I use to think I was getting 50 MPG at about 68 MPH or 63 true MPH, but then I realized that with the 7% speedo error, the trip, odo, and gas mileage were off as well. I've also found that the sweet spot on my bike is around 3800 RPMs, above or below that decreases the MPG.
You need to remember something VERY important when taking into consideration "Speedo Error"..........

The SPEEDOMETER has an error of about 7% stock.  
The ODOMETER is ACCURATE (required to be by law)

If you use a speedohealer and adjust for an accurate SPEEDOMETER READING, your Odometer will be off by 7%...

If you RAISE your speedohealer to show corrected SPEED by 7%, your mileage will actually APPEAR TO BE LESS.  

Example:

Speedo                      Odometer
Display   100                              100
Actual      93                               100

Adjusted +7%

Display    100                           100
Actual      100                           107

But.... when you factor in lowered gearing such as 16/42, it gets really crazy because the gearing ratio falls below the +7% speedo error.  You end up having to compromise between an accurate speedo and an accurate odometer.

Anyone who has adjusted for accurate speedo can 1/2 way disregard whatever MPG their trip meter is displaying.

wow i must really have a heavy wrist because teasing my buddie on his sv650 and my other friend on his cbr600 i was getting 22 but i usually get around 33 with a k&n and a scorpion slip ons and just the stock fuel map but the most i ever got was 45 gas at all so i dont' know how your guys were getting closer to 50 but its a 07 with 1700 miles but i would think i would get better gas than the older bikes but maybe they're just broken in better

it costs me £25 to fill my busa right up from empty tank on that i can do 150 maybe abit lower.it used to be really good on fuel and miles now i dont worry about it ,i know its through the mods that has changed all the fueling.
i have got a pc3 usb under pillion seat and should get her on the dyno it does smell petroly aswell does any1 else suffer with petrol smells when bike is started up?

Back