gas mileage

extensive

Donating Member
Registered
i know this has been probably talked about before but to be honest i dont want to search
smile.gif

i get about 38-39 mpg... is that bad? if so how can i increase it? i bought it used with about 1000 miles on it and the only mod is a yosh exhaust. any help would be great.

First off don't take this personal but I don't know what mileage I am getting and really don't care. I didn't get the bike for gas mileage reasons. It will probably be greatly affected by how you ride. If you twist hard on the right grip mileage goes down and if you are gentle with the right grip mileage will go up. I tend to twist pretty hard most of the time so mine probably sucks but that is why there are gas stations on every other corner!

Yeah I usually run that too, I found that it helps to shift from 1st to 6th within the first 6 feet of movement at a light. :-D

If your engine isnt mapped you could do that. A good map can save gas from what I hear

Talk to Suzuki and get them to put in a 7th gear for Overdrive. One that has a gear ratio of .1/1

38-39 is the best i get. i commute to work every day on the interstate and go about 75ish, no high rpms.

when i go in the twisties my mileage is even worse. i had and sv650 and a ninja 250 before the busa and got great mileage... im just guessing because of the 1300ccs mileage is going to suck.

Right map can increase gas mileage significantly. ~50MPG and up. on highway.

Another map can be loaded for power 30-35MPG. You can carry small laptop with you and change maps on the fly, or buy LCD screen from PowerCommander and do the same without laptop.

Tooling around town and in traffic, it's usually around 42mpg...long highway runs, 50mpg...

MPG varies SOOOOOOOO much....
- Different riders
- Different GAS (some regions of the US get different gas than others - HUGE variance in gas)
- Different bikes/mods
- Different conditions

I have gotten 47 MPG doing 55 MPH for an entire tank of gas, Then the next weekend at a 20 min track session I burned through 1/2 tank in 20 minutes. MPG average for that tank was 24 MPG
AAAssjani.gif

It allllllllllllll depends. If you are averaging 38-39, then you're doing pretty good! Mine "averages" 34-36 on a typical tank w/ mixed riding conditions.

I heard mention, and I'm not sure of this, that the MPG does not register any higher than 50 on the odometer.

egitarre77.gif

I tend to believe this was/is true because when my '00 bike was new and before I did any mods to it. The MPG, while on the highway, would creep up to 50 and stop there. Now I get around 36-45.

Anyone else heard of this?

I hadn't heard that, but it might explain why I only see 50 mph on the long runs and never above
smile.gif
Hrmmm, interesting...

I get 42-50 depending on my right wrist. mpg tops at 50 on the guage. During m&g 1 in Colorado I got 50 average.

Last 3 tanks were 48.48, 49.23,48.66.....75 to 85mph about 90% highway. My LCD readout usally stays pegged @ 50. Bone stock 05 with 5k miles.

50mpg on long highway runs and not cranking it out in the city, with minimal city riding. Around 40 if there's a good mix of highway and city. And I think 35 ish if I'm just having fun.

I use to think I was getting 50 MPG at about 68 MPH or 63 true MPH, but then I realized that with the 7% speedo error, the trip, odo, and gas mileage were off as well. I've also found that the sweet spot on my bike is around 3800 RPMs, above or below that decreases the MPG.

Of course riding like you stole it or 170 MPH strolls will do you in as well.

My ride is 100% stock minus stickers and reflectors ( LCB ) with the pipe and other changes that might not hold true for you.

Never saw mine go above 50, I usually get 35 to 45, depends on how I'm riding. I've had low as 29 on a real fun day !!

(kennym4 @ Aug. 23 2007,18:16) Never saw mine go above 50, I usually get 35 to 45, depends on how I'm riding. I've had low as 29 on a real fun day !!
I don't think anyone has
wink.gif

Going by the trip mpg, usually 40.5. While out in sturgis and riding mostly the speed limits, I've seen 50mpg. Averaged 48mpg for about a thousand miles out there.

Less throttle=more mpg.  
laugh.gif

Ps: my 750 does 22mpg at a track day.
eek2.gif

All I can tell you is about Hwy driving and that's 43 to 46 mpg. But around town, 36 to 38 mpg sounds about right  
beerchug.gif

Back