Gas mileage ?

Bone stock on highway I got around 220 miles to a tank. I average with all the mods about 190 to a tank.

how fast and what rpms are you guys riding at to get these results?? cuz im only gettin low 20's and wondering if something is wrong with my bike.

around 3500 at 80 mph cruising on the highway. Putting around turn and tearing it up on the back streets, I average about 180-190 a tank full.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139512129 -->

hmmm see that coule be the problem there too. on the highway i seldomly ride under 120 and im always at high rpms, i dont think ive ever used 6th gear maybe even 5th. and around town im usually ridin 60-70 unless theres alot of cops out which then im always at high rpms. if im just cruisin in the city i normally cruise in first gear.

on the highway i seldomly ride under 120 and im always at high rpms
If you seldomly ride under 120, I wouldn't worry about fuel mileage...I'd be working on your living will.

Keep smiling
smile.gif

hmmm see that coule be the problem there too. on the highway i seldomly ride under 120 and im always at high rpms, i dont think ive ever used 6th gear maybe even 5th. and around town im usually ridin 60-70 unless theres alot of cops out which then im always at high rpms. if im just cruisin in the city i normally cruise in first gear.
Thats better then the speeds I can get here in CA. You guys must not have much traffic.

My bike is stock. Runnin' 42psi rear/39psi front it'll get about 42 at a steady roll...75-90 or so. If I'm in and out of the throttle alot, pushing it harder...high 30's. Canyon running in lower gears/higher rpms..low 30's. Ive run the odo out to 160+ miles many times. Always had plenty left.

You guys must not have much traffic.
Uhhhhh, let me think
wink.gif
, this afternoon I rode 100 miles west and returned . Except for going through one small city (pop 2,500) I only pass 2 cars going (both going the opposite direction) and 1 coming back  
tounge.gif

Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa, the Open Plains are Great  
race.gif

we got alot of traffic, i live near boston. just makes it more exciting sometimes, and i do alot of night riding when there arent as many cars on the road. people in boston are horrible drivers and wont think twice about swerving at you.

05 with 2500 miles on it... i get approx 30-32 city and 40-42 highway

Just got back from a 300 miler, got 41.5 and that's actual
tounge.gif
not the busa mileage guage  
wink.gif

18 on the track, up to 49.9 on highway at 85ish. The odometer exaggerates just a little, but not NEARLY as bad as the speedo. have gotten 160 on a tank but usually look for gas after 100
ices_rofl.gif
I remember that day. Couldn't believe it used that much on the track
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140830128 -->

52mpg highest. 45 avg for all the multi-week touring trips. 40 commuting. 35 when group riding in the twisies.

Carl

Back