Garage Door remote mod

Is a very cool mod that comes in real handy~ I placed my button on the lower bolt to the front brake assembly (as you can see in the pic below)~ Makes it a little easier to just hit it with your thumb~  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117424324 -->

Garage_Switch_Busa.jpg

I just took a piece of construction strap (also in pic below) and cut it down to just two holes.. one for the switch and one for mounting~  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117424403 -->

Switch_Bracket.jpg

I just stuck some fuzzy-side velcro to the inner fairing and some hook-side velcro to the bottom of my garage door opener. That way I can take the switch with me on different bikes/cars.

diggin up an old one
wink.gif
18months, still works like the day I put it on
cool.gif

Hi beam garage door activator !

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Hayabusa-Intruder-Bandit-Garage-Remote-Genie_W0QQitemZ4586513608QQcategoryZ35580QQr
dZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131025002 -->

good catch, however it costs about 39.50 more and only works with the genie stuff
wink.gif
This one is sooo easy, its almost a no brainer.... and you can get all the stuff you need at Home Depot or Radio Shack
cool.gif

I don't have a garage, neither a garage door opener but the mod is so hot I'll do it anyway. I see that has an investment on my bike. Will make the bike sell faster when time comes
laugh.gif

good catch, however it costs about 39.50 more and only works with the genie stuff
wink.gif
you should have read on...
I have the Taiden model....and it's benfits are that it's solid state ...water tight...no soldering...and just a two wire connection.
Personally, I just have to give a pull on my "flash to pass" trigger...and whala!

It works automatically with (you specifiy when ordering):

GENIE
OVERHEAD DOOR
LIFTMASTER
RAYNOR
CHAMBERLAIN
SEARS
CRAFSTMAN
WAYNE DALTON
PULSAR
LINEAR
STANLEY
MASTER MECHANIC ..... AND MORE.

Don't get me wrong, your solution is creative and I guess cost effective...if I wanted to drill another hole or couldn't swing 40.00, I too would install the "Ghetto Lift" model.

wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif
...snip... Don't get me wrong, your solution is creative and I guess cost effective...if I wanted to drill another hole or couldn't swing 40.00,  I too would install the "Ghetto Lift" model.  

wink.gif
this mod is all bout convenience and cost effectiveness....
smile.gif

perfect for a broke down pimp on a budget ..
cool.gif

wink.gif

I got to do that too . I'm tired of getting off and punching the code everyday.

perfect for a broke down pimp on a budget ..  
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

haha..then that "pimp" needs a better Ho!  
wink.gif

I wasn't knockin this mod....just a simple reality check for the less financially impaired.

beerchug.gif
It's all good....
smile.gif

don't get me wrong this "pimp" is not financially impaired..
wink.gif
nor is this pimp
wink.gif
I'm just practical and see no sense in paying 100x as much for something you can do for less than $2
cool.gif
To each their own, but hey, the extra $40 you got invested in using your high beam switch is like 4 xtra dances at the bewbie bar for me
laugh.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

cool.gif

I put mine Garage door opener at the push button of the signal light. Two litter copper strip at each end of the white assy(you have to disassemble it to get access to), run speaker wire(24 gauge) w/the original hardness routing and solder to the remote, the remote is sit at the leftside upper cover. And work just perfect for me.

I installed garage door remotes on both of my bikes, although I went about it a little differently. Both of my controllers operate on 12 volt DC, so I wired the controller battery contacts to the spade connectors on the horn. I opened the control housing and soldered a piece of wire across the appropriate switch contacts, effectively putting the transmitter into a continuous "on" setting. Now to operate my garage door, all I have to do is honk my horn- power is then applied to the transmitter, the transmitter is hard wired on, opener operates. I never have to worry about replacing batteries in the remote, but this might not be the best route to go if you are concerned about disturbing neighbors in the wee early hours. I thought about using the flash to pass switch but my other bike is a Honda Shadow, and as such, does not have this switch. I did not want to add additional switches because I hate cluttering up my equipment. I like everything to look clean, tucked away, stock.

Back