Garage door opener on your BUSA

Man this is one big gate opener!
laugh.gif
It works great, I didnt even have to take my hand off of the grip! Thanks again, and the install was really easy.
thumb_up.gif

OK Stupid question. Do I only use the relay if I want to hardwire the power. If I use the 9 volt battery, do I need the relay? With the battery do I just wire the A and B to the yellow wires at the harness?

OK Stupid question. Do I only use the relay if I want to hardwire the power. If I use the 9 volt battery, do I need the relay? With the battery do I just wire the A and B to the yellow wires at the harness?
You have to use the relay only if your remote use 12V if you have 9V version take the wires to the switch
and put a new battery will work fine for a least 1 year.

Ok, so I installed the remote for my gate opener at my previous residence and it worked great! I have since moved to a house and installed my garage remote the same way, but it did not work. Someone told me I may have "fried" the circuit becuase I put too much voltage through it. The first remote was powered by a 9v batt. and the current is powered by a cell batt. Also the new remote is a multi code learning remote, so when the bike is off it may be losing memory
dunno.gif
. I have checked my install and found that the unit is getting power, I even tried to relearn the code with no response. So if I buy a new remote and keep the cell batt. installed and only jump the button, but run that wire to the pass switch; will that work or will the button be active even though the pass switch isn't depressed? Thanks

OK. Now Im really confused. I wired it all up with the 9 volt battery. Works perfect EXCEPT, when I turn the key off, it activates the opener again. The light on the opener stays lit when I turn off the key. WTF.

can anyone that has done this mod on an 05 or newer give me a call. Chris 309-738-9093

Damn I want to do this, but I KNOW I will screw this up somehow!
I can help you if you have any Q. Is very easy to do. What type of remote you have?
Okay, need help doing this mod. I have a craftsman door opener with a cell battery (see picture below). I want to wire it to the pass button like mentioned above. This would really help me out. THANKS!
Ok in your case you need to find which terminal of the switch send power to the sensor. If you have a voltmeter you can put-it in Ohm position and try each terminal pres the button and see witch one the power is go true.Solder your wire and connect them to the switch. Leave the battery in and will work
fine for long time. You can use a connector between the remote and switch if you want to remove the remote.

post_11_49105_Garagedoor.jpg

can anyone that has done this mod on an 05 or newer give me a call. Chris 309-738-9093
I have the same thing on my bike when I installed first the light was on all the time after turn off the bike. I found out after hundreds scratches on my head I have a feedback some where in my wiring and I found out when I put my turn signals I make some mistakes in wiring. When I put the voltmeter on my wires I see I have some feedback on frame was not to much but this send power back to the remote. I solve the problem but take me some time. I think you have the same problem like mine but if you can't find where is the problem just find a little switch on auto parts store and wire-it to that switch find a nice place where to put-it in your bike and the problem is solved.
beerchug.gif

Awesome job!

For those like me who don't have that level of skillz, a small keychain model and the industrial loop-and-loop type of velcro work great on an inner, and you can pull it off for washing etc.

Tom5.JPG

Just finished putting together my new garage opener using high beam flasher as the triggering point. Will try it out this weekend.

cool idea ... but to me it's simpler when I keep the remote in my jacke pocket... thus helping me to always wear my gear.. kinda like always keeping my MP3 player in the helmet that i will wear next... (5 helmets) this way I can alway air them out for 4 days with after adding fabreze.... I have a ritual.... i guess.. now that i think about it... lets not even talk gloves

Back