Garage door mod?

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I was going to do the garage door mod on the Busa. But then wifey came home with this. Took 2 seconds to program the opener to recognize it.

100_0849.JPG

I'm probably going to end up doing the garage door mod soon just because I don't like attaching anything to my keys that will flap around in the wind and scratch up the top plate on the triple tree.

What exactly is the garage door mod? The funny thing about this is that yesterday I was trying to find a clean way to mount an opener to my busa. I get so tired of pulling the bike out then walking back into the garage and closing the door then going out the front door. Then when i get home getting my keys out of my pocket to unlock the front door and go in and raise the garage. I wanna be able to just pull up on the bike gear and all, hit a button, and drive on in. Can anyone guide a fella here?

Well, you can get the key fob door opener above at Home Depot for about $30.

Or you can do the mod

They make a relay kit that ties to say you high beam switch that activates an onboard garage remote that has been hidden on the bike. Tap the "highs" and the doors goes...

all i did was open it up remove battery connect two wires from horn to battery terminals on remote put a piece of paper or something to hold button down permantly and when you press the horn on your bike garage opens.. easy

all i did was open it up remove battery connect two wires from horn to battery terminals on remote put a piece of paper or something to hold button down permantly and when you press the horn on your bike garage opens.. easy
Does this prevent the horn from working or are you simply running two additional wires from the same source?

unless your time is worth zero $$$ just search eBay for another seller of one of T H E S E .... connect it to the switched lead running to your highbeam (this lets you use the "flash to pass" trigger as a switch to open the garage.

It's 40.00.....you can hide it anywhere under the fairings....and there's no drilling....taking apart the remotes....yada yada yada.

you can get them from the post above ya... but if you have an extra remote and willing to take the 5mins to do it, the mod is pretty easy. Its not a matter of spending cash, its managing it wisely that allows you to do other mods
wink.gif
cool.gif

Back