Flash2Pass garage door opener

BUSA 4 LIFE

Registered
I got the idea from another post on this site about the garage door opener tied into the brights.

After some searching I found this site:
<a href='http://www.f2pelectronics.com/'>http://www.f2pelectronics.com/</a>

received them today and installed them on my two cars and my busa. It works great and took all of 20 minutes total. Pull up, flash twice and the door triggers.

Even better is that you don't need to match to your remote style (rolling, code, etc). The have their own receiver unit powered by tapping into the low voltage wires of your button (replaces the button by the door into the house), then each transmitter in each car is 'learned' by the receiver.

Great for the cars, but 10 times greater for the busa. Now I don't have to get off to roll into my garage.

Thought someone else might enjoy, so....

That's cool and all, but why not just use a key-fob door opener? I've got one of those fancy door openers (some sort of 2^32 rolling code), and I spent $23 at Home Depot for it, and it's small.

If someone has the time/money, I guess it's a good idea, but I guess I'm a cheap-A$$.

Here is the receiver unit. It just replaces your current button. (The thing above it is something else... an automatic closer so if I forget to close the garage then after 20 minutes it autocloses)

Img_7252.jpg

Here is the transmitter unit from the box. Just have to attach to the wires of your headlight using the blue easy connectors. (see next post)

Img_7255.jpg

Using the connectors supplied you tap into the existing wires without damaging them. Most models if you have 3 wires the outside 2 are the brights, but they have a help online to help you figure out which are the correct ones.

Img_7254.jpg

Then just tie the unit somewhere securely and you're done. On my wifes car (the one pictured) I tied it to the wiper fluid container, but in my jetta, the sealed cover easily held the whole unit, so I just sealed it in totally out of sight.

Then you hit a button to put the receiver in learning mode, flash your brights to teach the receiver, and you're done.

Img_7253.jpg

Did you see the BIGGO write up that a bunch of us added too. How to do the same thing for about $2.00-$5.00 if you have a remote and under $25.00 if you dont?

JD:p

good link Ice!! Will def go that route if I decide to hard wire.
I lost my remote riding the busa -- had one remote for 2 vehicles -- now none
sad.gif

ordered a keychain one for now
Side note-- if you have windows on your garage -- remove the emergency release pull cord -- real easy to bust out a window -- yank -- busa gone

Back