FUNNY STORY FROM THE R1-FORUM Site

I was going to respond over there.. But the other board members seem to set him straight and I didn't feel like wasting my time registering.

Fastest I have ever had my bike is about 160 now, and that was on a clear road but I am chicken to take it any faster because all I can think of is what if there is a CHP plane, or CHP helicopter or patrol unit around...

I wont run from them, even though I could out run the CHP plane, I just wont do it.. and I don't feel like going to jail for doing 160+ and I don't feel like paying the fine for that either, nor do I like the thought of what my insurance will go up to..

There is no way I can see doing 150 in traffic that is just too risky for being seen by police, and too fast to be able to respond properly in case you freak out a cage and they pull some stupid stunt.

I mean crap, traffic in San Jose? You have some person in a cage and out of nowhere they see a bike coming up at 150mph on them? You have no idea how a person might react, they might use common sense and just stay put and let you go around, or they might freak and try to get out of your way and you have already committed yourself to going around and wham - game over

whoever the Busa rider was seemed to have showed some common sense.. Heck, the Busa rider probably didn't even notice the guy on the R1, or if he did he was probably just getting on the freeway at his normal entry speed and the R1 guy jumped the gun.

OK WHICH ONE OF YOU BUS RIDERS TEASED THIS POOR KID AND MADE HIM DO SOMETHING STUPID ON THE FREEWAY!! SPEAK UP!!

I cant believe the guy even entertained the idea that he smoked a Busa

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081664246 -->

banner_Ron.jpg

I have not read the link yet but I agree with you Thrasher and I won't even waste my time with an R-1

let's just put it this way. if a guy or R1 thinks he smoked a busa, it means he don't know nothing about motorcycles. my firend has an R1, he was doing around 140-150 on the hightway, when me & my other friend "has a busa also" pased him the with the R1 from his left & right side. we passed him so fast that he was really scared. after that he never asked us to race again:D

How do the 04 r1's with a supposed 180 horse match up to a busa stock? Are they getting close or is it a total kill.

Total kill? you mean a total kill for the R1 or a total kill for the Busa?

And I will be the first to admit that I am by no means an export on anything. I would pretty much consider myself a newbie.. But with that said, I am not taking a whole lot of stock on people dropping horse power stats.

I mean as a newbie to tweaking

(meaning I have been riding for over 20 years, but have only just recently been getting serious about the stuff such as HP specs, mods etc. since I bought my Busa last Novemeber).

But since then, I have heard all kinds of stuff like other bike companies spew out HP ratings but it is engine HP, not to the rear wheel where most people reference Busa HP to the rear wheel.

Most general consensus is that the Busa is pushing low 150's hp to the rear wheel stock, but a few weeks ago I was talking to a guy who HAS a Busa, races it in the quarter mile and is all into this stuff, and he said the low 150 hp to the rear wheel is not accurate, he said if you put a stock Busa on just any Dyno, yes it will read low 150's hp, but he said there are high dollar Dyno's that are more accurate, and when you put a stock Busa on them, the HP to the rear wheel is in 130's.

As I said, I am hearing so much variance in HP ratings; I am starting not to believe any of it much. All just hype driven by testosterone

All I know is my Busa still blows my mind away with the power, and I have not had anyone to date argue with me about weather I can open up a can of whoop a$$ on them regardless of what they are riding (unless it is another Busa). And I have passed by and driving up on a lot of different motorcycles, and not one has even made any gesture to race.

So my point is, speculating and dropping HP figures and comparing stats is useless. Take a stock Busa and a stock R1 to a track, have comparable riders ride them and see what happens.

Putting your bike on a computer don’t mean nothing, when the rubber is on the road is when it is important.

Just my humble opinion based on the limited amount of knowledge I have gained thus far.

For what it is worth

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081703546 -->

banner_Ron.jpg

Don't worry that was 153 on his odometer.  Not speedometer!

They are easy for a gimp to get confused!
biggrin.gif

dlrumbl

<!--EDIT|dlrumbl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081704522 -->

Well the guy was at least happy with himself...Unsure but happy and that's cool...Didn't get any support from his board members and didn't try and flex...I can live with that also...
evil.gif

I've just simply gotten to the point where I don't pay any attention to these so-called "thrill seekers." I know that I ride the fastest machine on two wheels, and anyone that knows bikes knows the same. Most people that come up with this type of stuff either grossly exaggerate or are just straight out liars. I mean, it's easy for any bike to beat a Busa while it's at the gas station getting a low carb diet...
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
Where I live, everyone respects the Busa and they (other bikers) don't challenge me. Most people that know me, period, won't mess with me when it comes to putting that hammer down. And believe me, I can put it down with the best of 'em.

Brian

Back