SERIOUS 2004 R1 DRAMA WOES......

Hey, Sh!t Happens... If the guy is smart though he won't cave, it's obviously under warranty and the manufacterer has to be able to prove that it was something the owner did, not the other way around.

That has to suck alot, All proud on a sweet as R1 then....Booom... I'd be pretty freakin hot...

Bought my busa from that guy. Hope he gets treated right. He's the ONLY straight up bike sales guy I could find in the Atlanta area. He told the truth and shot me straight when ALL the others were tryin' to shoot me a bunch of BS to sell me a bike. Sucks that he ended up in this pickle.

I'd hate to see him get gone because of this shid. Even if Yamaha screws him I hope the dealership (his employer) doesn't fug with him over it. I'll buy my next bike from him without a doubt as long as he's still there when I'm ready to buy.

not cool....not cool at all. I wonder what the projected life span of the new litre bikes are.

Too much horsepower, too wittle engine. That does stink something rotten, can't imagine what I'd do in the same situation.

i've read this this morning,
some motocycle dealer sucks,
they don't know how to deal with customers.

When I bought the busa, I had 2 gsxr1100
one with a warp crankshaft and one about to die.
So I just moved in the states and call a dealer in Montreal and tell him I want a busa and have two gsxr1100 for trade in.
He pick up my bike, 2 weeks after he still didn't check them to tell me how much he is giving me for them.
So he finally tells me 5500 canadian for those 2 piece of poop.
That is not my problem. He faxes me the contract, I sign and pick up the bike the weekend after. He is all mad because he gave me too much for my trade in.
Well if he had taken the time he would have found out.

Too much horsepower, too wittle engine.   That does stink something rotten, can't imagine what I'd do in the same situation.
I feel the same way. It seems like every other bike but the Busa is "built to it's limits" so to speak. There isn't much else you could do to get more outta them except a pipe and PC.If you attempt to even open the motor it would cost you big $$ to even get close to a stock or even modded Busa. The Busa makes an honest 160 hp with out the little * next to that figure. No pressured airbox or nothing. It even does it with 89 octane. A few simple mods pipe, heads/cams and you're makin' close to 200hp. A stroker/big bore and now you're 230+. Not to mention the members that have turboed Busa's makin' 300+hp and use em' as daily riders with no major failures. There are guys that run Big Bored Busa's everyday with no serious problems.

Engineering has it's limits just like anything else. You can go so light or fit it a smaller package but you'll eventually com across problems.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "red lighted on the submit button."|1080876299 -->

I run 91 or 93 because my comp ratio is slightly higher than stock. Also my ignition is bumped up a bit. May be over kill but detonation is not cool with me. I almost destoyed my Honda that way.

too much horsepower , too little engine ... I think you might have something there
rock.gif

I kinda like the Squadron Idea on that board tho!.
What did he expect buying a Yammie.
Doh..shoulda had a Busa!
biggrin.gif

Back