Full Yosh 4-2-1 exhaust on Gen II

Bcc335

Registered
Couple of Questions for the guys running the full Yoshimura 4-2-1 exhaust on Gen II

1. Are you running PC Commander with your setup?

2. Did you loose gas mileage with Yosh and PC commander?
(Recall reading a thread where member stated highway mpg dropped fm like 42mpg to 35mpg)

3. Did you loose bottom end torque with Yosh and PC Commander?

Have a friend considering his option on a 09 GenII. At this point its between the Full Yosh 4-2-1 or just the Yosh Slip ons.

1. Yes 2. I never checked. I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I use almost the same fuel as my wife's R6 on a day ride. 3. Feels about the same on the bottom rev's but really opens up on top rpm's. 4. Lost tons of weight off the bike. 5 Looks better. 6. Sounds better. (just had to add the last few). I would buy the full system and pass on the slip ons.

Look at Yoshi's site all their dyno sheets are listed. Leave the baffle in on the full system and all is good. The dyno sheets even show the bike makes the same power as slip-ons with the baffle in.

also, remember... you'll be saving 35-40 LBS with the full system. Less weight = More power in real word riding. And that sounds about accurate for gas mileage, although I don't really keep track.

Last edited:
For the money it is better to go with the full exhaust. For a easier mod slip ons are simple. You can run without a FI unit for either set up and still maintain good gas mileage and better performance than stock.

Don't waste your money on slip-ons like I did:banghead: after about two months I went with a full Yosh, PC, and BMC race. Makes a world of differance and the weight loss is a big+. As far as gas mileage, thats up to you and your wrist:laugh:

The dyno sheets even show the bike makes the same power as slip-ons with the baffle in.

Greg are you saying the full system makes the same HP as the slip-ons ? I would think that would be terrible.

1. Yes 2. I never checked. I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I use almost the same fuel as my wife's R6 on a day ride. 3. Feels about the same on the bottom rev's but really opens up on top rpm's. 4. Lost tons of weight off the bike. 5 Looks better. 6. Sounds better. (just had to add the last few). I would buy the full system and pass on the slip ons.

That about sums it up :thumbsup:

No doubt about that, but it's nice if you spend the money to get an extra 12 to 15 ponies to the wheel as well.
Look at the dyno sheets on their site spells it out pretty weel. The R-77 is the best looking pipe IMHO on the Busa especially in Carbon... :bowdown: Yank the baffle and things get pretty even.

I have an 08 and the Yosh R77 full system. I dyno'd one day and with the baffle got 164RWHP but without the baffle got 175 RWHP. The AF mix was pretty good, this ECU can handle it. I do not have a tuner bow - no PCIII no Bazaazz. The baffle does choke the motor. Without the baffle the bike runs smoother at top end and cruising. Great pipe.

ive got a used yosh 4-2-1 with cf tipped can for sale, $600 shipped. only took it off because i LOOOOVE brocks!!!! pics up shortly in f/s section

ive got a used yosh 4-2-1 with cf tipped can for sale, $600 shipped. only took it off because i LOOOOVE brocks!!!! pics up shortly in f/s section

Which Brocks are you now running and how does it compare to the yosh in terms of weight and performance? :laugh:

Back