Fuel Tank and my patience

rdnckjim

Registered
Well got the guts to get into the fuel tank and see if the fuel filter is gunked up. This fuel tank has never been off come to find out. Got it off and took a look inside and rust is having a party in there. I know there is a chemical that will help with this problem. Can't think of it at the moment. I gotta get to work. If anyone can think of the stuff let me know. Or any other ways to fix this problem. Later I will be getting into the fuel pump which i have never had luck with getting back together right car or bike. Thanks for everything.

Get a couple of pounds of aquarium rocks, about 1/4 cup of diesel fuel, kerosene, mineral spirits, etc. just petroleum based cleaner of that type, toss em in there, seal things up and watch tv while shaking the tank. The rocks are just big enough to beat the rust away, won't damage anything, the liquid helps lubricate and rinse away the dust.

When satisfied dump the rocks, rinse with more of that same liquid until clean. Once satisfied again prep per directions and use this cleaning and sealing kit. Follow the directions to a T, I've heard about the sealer failing due to improper prep and causing issues. If done properly it should be as close to permanent as you're going to get, stuff is pretty amazing.

Kreme tank kreme? Mixed results from it.

IMO I would do as the user stated with fish tank rocks and kerosene beat all the loose stuff and use 1.99 inline plastic see through filter

Back