Fuel Tank Removal....

Fan2zee

Registered
My manual says there is a fuel line plug located on the bike to use to stop up the fuel line when I disconnect it.
... page (4-50) ...
I can't seem to find this fuel tank plug... little help...

My version of the electronic manual says the plugs are affixed on the rear fender. I don't remember ever seeing any plugs anywhere on my busa rear fender though. I have no idea.
rock.gif

didn't know there was one either and my garage smelled like gas for a week. Good luck.

i know there is some quick disconects, never had to plug it up
I don't think the earlier busas had the QD couplers. I think I remember this topic coming up before, a long time ago. The electronic shop manual I have has a picture of a copper '99 busa on the main page and it clearly says to pinch the hoses and to cap the connections at the tank/pump. I'm pretty sure the QD couplers came along in more recent year models.
rock.gif

Okay, well I guess I will just disconnect it & hope for the best.

I have very little gas in the tank, so if it does keep running it shouldn't be to Nasty...

Okay, once the line is disconnected the only gas that comes out is the gas that was in the line. Nothing else linked. Pretty simple...

i dont know why they dont have a on off valve mabe have some hemostats or clamp needle nose might help

the plugs you need to cap off the fuel lines are under the seat.  I can't remember where exactly but they are there.  I think near the prop rod of the tank.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133761554 -->

Back