Hayabusa - Rust in fuel tank

Dmax

Registered
I have Suzuki Hayabusa 1300R year 2006. There is so much rust in fuel tank. My mechanic tried to remove rust from tank after it came back quickly. Is there any procedure to remove the rust and it will not come back? Please suggest.

I have Suzuki Hayabusa 1300R year 2006. There is so much rust in fuel tank. My mechanic tried to remove rust from tank after it came back quickly. Is there any procedure to remove the rust and it will not come back? Please suggest.
Evap-O-Rust...buy a five gallon bucket and fill your tank and let it sit a couple days. I had a B-King with a very rusty tank and this stuff worked great. I removed the tank and fuel pump assembly...turned tank upside down and filled to the top of pump opening...let it sit for 2 days and looked new. Will not harm skin or paint.

I used Evap-O-Rust too... The tank on my 04 Busa was very rusty around the fuel pump. I did this about 3 years ago. I never let the bike sit to long with an empty tank. Always make sure it is full when it's put away for the winter. The rust has not come back. Not yet anyway. I would not recommend applying any type of coating after the rust is removed.

Keeping the tank full when parked also helps prevent rust. A lil Seafoam now and then or any proper fuel treatment that helps dissipate the water in the fuel also helps keep the injectors and fuel lines clear. A lil water in a car’s 18 gallon+ tank isn’t so bad but in our little 5 gallon tanks it can really cause problems.

Keeping the tank full when parked also helps prevent rust. A lil Seafoam now and then or any proper fuel treatment that helps dissipate the water in the fuel also helps keep the injectors and fuel lines clear. A lil water in a car’s 18 gallon+ tank isn’t so bad but in our little 5 gallon tanks it can really cause problems.[/QUOT
Hi. When in storage put in pure gas. not gas with 10 percent alky crap. Or buy a carbon fiber tank never ever rust.

Back