fuel prices

Arizona $2.60 For 91  
mad.gif
werd.. i have a QT near me thats 2.57 for 91, but ive seen it flirting with 2.70 in some places. i still cant figure out HOW in late 2002, we were paying $0.95 for 91, and now in mid 2005 its gone up 275%.
mad.gif

mad.gif

If i convert from liters to USG and CAD to USD... Right now in Quebec (Canada) the regular (87 octane) oscillates around $3.09 a gallon, which we think is very expensive...

The last year has seen a lot of ups and downs on the price of fuel, but mainly ups...

TOO MUCH!!!! Gas prices went up to $2.39 a gallon for regular and CAM2 is at a whopping $6.89 a gallon.
sad.gif
Besides, CAM2 is 111 Octane!!
biggrin.gif

TOO MUCH!!!! Gas prices went up to $2.39 a gallon for regular and CAM2 is at a whopping $6.89 a gallon.
sad.gif
Besides, CAM2 is 111 Octane!!
biggrin.gif

$2.37 for 86 octane in Albuquerque. Why is it that they can change the price of gas and we have to pay more for the gas that has been sitting in the tank at the station for a week? If cheveron filled it's tank for say 2.25 a gallon on monday and the price of gas goes up on wenesday to 2.30 a gallon, but they have not refilled their tank why should we pay the extra .05 for the gas they only paid 2.25 for?? A: cause oil companys suck and we dont have a choice and they know it!!

Andwhy is it prices never go up in the winter. The prices always go up once it gets warm and everybody is ready to travel and use more gas.

just venting!

$2.78 yesterday for regular.... oil barrels went up this morning.

We will see $3 before years end.

Fluctuates quite a bit here in Louisiana from week to week. Usually between $2.19 and $2.29 per gallon for 87 octane.

well its still a little cheaper with u guys even with the exchange rate, but yah i remember about 2 or 3 yrs ago(maybe longer) when it was .99/gallon, but here it was .65/litre, now theres 3.7 or something litres in a gallon, shows u how much the damm government holds his hands out for

Jumped from $2.11 this morning to $2.39 this afternoon for 87. I haven't heard the reason for the jump this time.
Gas station owner's wife wanted a new car.
I was reading somewhere that the margin on gas is pretty thin and are set by the gas companies. They base the prices on whether other stations are nearby, the amount of traffic, and other factors. The station owners really want you to come in and buy that $1.49 soda or .90 candy bar. That's where the bucks are. A place that only sells gas and nothing else would go out of business pretty quickly. So when the wife needs a new car, they have a sale on sodas or breakfast burritos and hope you buy a candy bar, newspaper, coffee and a bag of chips.

Carl

Edit: Try this Slate article from last year. When prices go up, the gas station owners actually get less profit. After all other costs, they might get a penny or two from each gallon served.

<!--EDIT|dm_gsxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123710975 -->

If i convert from liters to USG and CAD to USD... Right now in Quebec (Canada) the regular (87 octane) oscillates around $3.09 a gallon, which we think is very expensive...

The last year has seen a lot of ups and downs on the price of fuel, but mainly ups...
damn, that's the same price as here and we've got the big ass oil field out here !!

Back