fuel injection

...unless you really know the owner and trust 'em...
Hey Michelle,
Yesterday you said:
" If you cant` rob your friend who you can rob"

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
You're paying way too much attention to what I say!
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

ICM was changed to 32 bit in 2001, I believe.

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136492298 -->

it's not the model it's the color scheme....
wow.gif

and the fastes is blue and silver
tounge.gif
wink.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif
no thats not true. The 40th anniversay edition has an extra 20  HP .  
biggrin.gif

one cool thing about the 99/00 is the ability to adjust the idle without popping the tank.

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136492459 -->

Yet another Texas Busa owner. Before long the Texas contingent will overrun the lesser States...

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136493448 -->

thanx ya'll. I'm new here and I forgot to say hello to the group . this is an awesome org. been searching the net for used busa's, including here and am curious. are some of the older model busas faster than the new ones?
The '99 and '00 models were unrestricted and a bit faster...boasting 202 mph off the show room floor, though there's some argument over that.  In '01, they restricted 'em to just a mere 186 mph...though that can be modified...

biggrin.gif

Welcome by the way...
smile.gif
How was th 99 & 00 a bit faster? True, neither year had a speed restrictor, but that can be easily modified on later years. Also, wasn't the 202 mph reading with a 135Lb rider, and attempted a few times & never conducted on later year models due to the end of the speed wars?

As far as being abit faster, maybe less weight due to an aluminum subframe instead of the steel one on the later models? Aerodynamics are the same for all years I believe, and not sure about this but havent the later model years from 03 to 06 typically Dynoed higher HP numbers on the average than the 99 & 00?

Im no Busa expet by any means, but just repeating things Ive read on this site and in the magazines. Im intrested to know if the older models were actually more or less powerful than the current models.

I was simply regurgititating the press we've all heard over the years, hence hopefully touching on the rumors our new member caught wind of...it's the same info we've all heard since we first started looking at the Busa...

According to Suzuki and the 99-00 owners, the Busa was faster, ALL other variables aside...

...wasn't trying to get technical...just giving the guy info on the "history" of the Busa...if anyone has more "technical" input, by all means, share...
POST 1000......bla bla bla bla bla....lol

tounge.gif
bowdown.gif
Who am I to argue, As a famous German once said "I know nuthing"

thanx ya'll. I'm new here and I forgot to say hello to the group . this is an awesome org. been searching the net for used busa's, including here and am curious. are some of the older model busas faster than the new ones?
The '99 and '00 models were unrestricted and a bit faster...boasting 202 mph off the show room floor, though there's some argument over that.  In '01, they restricted 'em to just a mere 186 mph...though that can be modified...

biggrin.gif

Welcome by the way...
smile.gif
How was th 99 & 00 a bit faster? True, neither year had a speed restrictor, but that can be easily modified on later years. Also, wasn't the 202 mph reading with a 135Lb rider, and attempted a few times & never conducted on later year models due to the end of the speed wars?

As far as being abit faster, maybe less weight due to an aluminum subframe instead of the steel one on the later models? Aerodynamics are the same for all years I believe, and not sure about this but havent the later model years from 03 to 06 typically Dynoed higher HP numbers on the average than the 99 & 00?

Im no Busa expet by any means, but just repeating things Ive read on this site and in the magazines. Im intrested to know if the older models were actually more or less powerful than the current models.

I was simply regurgititating the press we've all heard over the years, hence hopefully touching on the rumors our new member caught wind of...it's the same info we've all heard since we first started looking at the Busa...

According to Suzuki and the 99-00 owners, the Busa was faster, ALL other variables aside...

...wasn't trying to get technical...just giving the guy info on the "history" of the Busa...if anyone has more "technical" input, by all means, share...
POST 1000......bla bla bla bla bla....lol

tounge.gif

bowdown.gif
 Who am I to argue, As a famous German once said "I know nuthing"
ices_rofl.gif

Okay...got me...
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Welcome to the Org......
And it is a very well known fact that the Blue/Silver Busa was/is still the fastest color ever made.

Here's proof, Velocity Racing's Barry H.

velocity01.jpg

Welcome to the Org......
And it is a very well known fact that the Blue/Silver Busa was/is still the fastest color ever made.

Here's proof, Velocity Racing's Barry H.
Yah, but its the "Go Fast" stickers that give that Blue & Silver the extra 400 HP...Want Proof? Take a look around next time your at the local strip mall, you will see the Elusive and Super fast Cutlas Supreme, jacked up in the rear,skinny tires up front, CB Antenna, and suede seat covers, but what makes it fast is the Jeggs "Go Fast Stickers" that makes it setup for racing - not the color & you all thought it was the glass-packs...jesh
race.gif

Hey Kent,
I bought my Busa right here on this wensite. Good people here.
I can hook you up on an '06 in a few weeks when my position w/ the new dealership happens.

No,No,No, your all wrong everybody knows it's the 04LE thats the fastest color. I get speeding tickets when I'm parked.
laugh.gif

ok let me end this right now welcome to the org if you cant find the info ask everyone will help you to find it.

BUT the fastest color is 05 le no doubt about it it is so fast you cant see it when i fly by you

99 and 00 are faster STOCK simply because they are not restricted. Stock hp ranges from high 140's to mid 160's bone stock, year has nothing to do with it, it's like any other production run, some are just stronger than others.

The fastest the Busa was ever recorded doing was 194mph. That is the speed advertised in the Guiness World Book of Records.

I forget who clocked it at 200mph+ but I believe they later said their equipment was faulty.

Are you sure.... I got a friend who was clocked at almost 200 mph on a HONDA from the air (Remember this story?)
wow.gif

40__s.gif

Back