fuel injection

kentmax5

Registered
I am thinking of getting a busa as my next bike. work commuter and short trip bike. I have owned a suzuki katana 1100, then a 99' v-max, and I currently own a H-D heritage softail(touring bike), I just got married and my touring days are pretty much over. Have a new son. anyway, my question is what year did the busa get fuel injected and what year is the best to buy? I have been looking at the 2006 models but I would like to pay cash and the price is a little much. thanx in advance for your help and input.

From the day she was born...

I always buy bikes new and car used.. or should I say preowned?
smile.gif

TO BE SAFE GET A 03 OR NEWER. OH YEAH WELCOME.

<!--EDIT|JROCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136499859 -->

thanx ya'll. I'm new here and I forgot to say hello to the group . this is an awesome org. been searching the net for used busa's, including here and am curious. are some of the older model busas faster than the new ones?

thanx ya'll. I'm new here and I forgot to say hello to the group . this is an awesome org. been searching the net for used busa's, including here and am curious. are some of the older model busas faster than the new ones?
The '99 and '00 models were unrestricted and a bit faster...boasting 202 mph off the show room floor, though there's some argument over that. In '01, they restricted 'em to just a mere 186 mph...though that can be modified...

biggrin.gif

Welcome by the way...
smile.gif

The '99 and '00 models were unrestricted and a bit faster...boasting 202 mph off the show room floor, though there's some argument over that.  In '01, they restricted 'em to just a mere 186 mph...though that can be modified...

biggrin.gif

Welcome by the way...
smile.gif
How was th 99 & 00 a bit faster? True, neither year had a speed restrictor, but that can be easily modified on later years. Also, wasn't the 202 mph reading with a 135Lb rider, and attempted a few times & never conducted on later year models due to the end of the speed wars?

As far as being abit faster, maybe less weight due to an aluminum subframe instead of the steel one on the later models? Aerodynamics are the same for all years I believe, and not sure about this but havent the later model years from 03 to 06 typically Dynoed higher HP numbers on the average than the 99 & 00?

Im no Busa expet by any means, but just repeating things Ive read on this site and in the magazines. Im intrested to know if the older models were actually more or less powerful than the current models.

The '99 and '00 models were unrestricted and a bit faster...boasting 202 mph off the show room floor, though there's some argument over that.  In '01, they restricted 'em to just a mere 186 mph...though that can be modified...

biggrin.gif

Welcome by the way...
smile.gif
How was th 99 & 00 a bit faster? True, neither year had a speed restrictor, but that can be easily modified on later years. Also, wasn't the 202 mph reading with a 135Lb rider, and attempted a few times & never conducted on later year models due to the end of the speed wars?

As far as being abit faster, maybe less weight due to an aluminum subframe instead of the steel one on the later models? Aerodynamics are the same for all years I believe, and not sure about this but havent the later model years from 03 to 06 typically Dynoed higher HP numbers on the average than the 99 & 00?

Im no Busa expet by any means, but just repeating things Ive read on this site and in the magazines. Im intrested to know if the older models were actually more or less powerful than the current models.

I was simply regurgititating the press we've all heard over the years, hence hopefully touching on the rumors our new member caught wind of...it's the same info we've all heard since we first started looking at the Busa...

According to Suzuki and the 99-00 owners, the Busa was faster, ALL other variables aside...

...wasn't trying to get technical...just giving the guy info on the "history" of the Busa...if anyone has more "technical" input, by all means, share...

Back