Fuel Injected or Carborated

mwmarsh78

Registered
I have recently purchased a 2007 Hayabusa. Everything i've read on the bike says it is fuel injected, I am wondering why there is a choke lever on the bike. I thought fuel injected bikes didn't use a choke, am i missing something, can anyone help me out as to why this is.

I have recently purchased a 2007 Hayabusa. Everything i've read on the bike says it is fuel injected, I am wondering why there is a choke lever on the bike. I thought fuel injected bikes didn't use a choke, am i missing something, can anyone help me out as to why this is.

Its an idle increase, not a choke...

When cold using it bumps the revs by like 250ish gets oil flowing well, and help warm the bike up...

Thank you, I just thought i was going crazy, I appreciate the answers

If your new to the busa, i highly recomend you get the users manual and service manual downloaded..

a WEALTH of information in them...

both are availible from this website... stickies in one section or another..

hey MMarsh...lets see pics of the Busa....how ya doin?? You are going to LOVE that Busa.....But its a world away from a 1st gen Gixx ....

It's kind of weird that Suzuki didn't make this an automatic, electronically controlled system. Even my wife's Harley does this. As someone who has some familiarity with how cars are designed for control of parts and assembly cost, you'd think they would have used a small kick solenoid and electronic control vs. an idle speed cable going up to a level on the handlebars.

It's kind of weird that Suzuki didn't make this an automatic, electronically controlled system. Even my wife's Harley does this. As someone who has some familiarity with how cars are designed for control of parts and assembly cost, you'd think they would have used a small kick solenoid and electronic control vs. an idle speed cable going up to a level on the handlebars.

an electronic solenoid would have been not only more costly than a single cable, but more prone to failures than the mechanical link...

Given the desire to modify the bike, i prefere the mechanical linkage to anything electronic controling fast idle parameters, ANY DAY....

Especially given the Alpha-n, Open loop hybrid fueling that suzuzki does with these cycles...

Managing idle control with a mechanical connection is VASTLY simplified over an idle air control solenoid...

my .02

I think the pressure to get it to market in the top end wars this was one of the compromises they made. No need to waste time engineering and programming a cold idle circuit when they already had tried and true rider thumb control available.

an electronic solenoid would have been not only more costly than a single cable, but more prone to failures than the mechanical link...

(snip)

Managing idle control with a mechanical connection is VASTLY simplified over an idle air control solenoid...

my .02
You might be surprised just how low cost parts are at the manufacturer's level, and then they bust the crp out of their suppliers for pennies. A solenoid probably is more expensive, but doubt by much. Add in the cost of assembly and I'd bet the two approaches are pretty close in cost.

And plus, this is Suzuki's flagship. I mean, if a new Sportster can do it.....

Back