Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low 87

• Plus Octane Boost

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run nothing but the Premium, thats all I ran in my 98 Bandit, so the new girk is get the same!!!!!

biggrin.gif

I am tired of posting all the details, but as a chemist, I can tell you that a stock Busa will run best on 87 octane.

GUYZ and GALZ, the LOWER the OCTANE the HIGHER the performance!!! AGAIN, the LESS OCTANE THE MORE HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is true!!!! Octane refers to additives that lower the ignition point of the fuel. Why would I want to do that? Because if you have high compression, the fuel will ignite WITHOUT the sparkplug firing. Higher octane fuel will not suffer from preignition like lower octane fuels.

So what about my buddy, he runs 10x faster with 190 octane fuel... well, call Bull sheit unless he is also running 18:1 compression.

This is the greatest myth in motorcycle performance... except perhaps the "motorcycle certified oil" myth.... sorry folks, that is BS too! Take it from the guy would worked for the chemical company that made the additives....

rant.gif soapbox.gif rant.gif
Do you agree with adding tolulene to the gas?

rant.gif

Ok if you have your choice, would you run ethanol or non-ethanol blend rock.gif

Like some others are saying im not going to get in a why and why not as im a 2 finger typer but all u need is 87. If its a stock bike u will never make the bike run better with premium fuel. Have to understand what higher octane does and the compresion ratios of our bikes. Actually running to much octane can hurt u as to carbon up pistons wich then causes hot spots on the piston heads and that will cause detonation. We cant figure compresion anymore either with technology of today. My GSXR750 has 12.5.1 compresion but can run on only 93 octane. If that was a hot rod mustang with a 302 and 12.5.1 it would never run on 93. The bikes get away with it by using cam timming. Use what makes u feel comfortable but with 93 u r def letting British Petrolem/Exon/Shell get bigger profits with no return in performance.

Like was said by those who know! Compression is the requiring factor on octane rock.gif Like oil, use the pricey stuff if it makes you feel superior to others  wow.gif Vain Bast#*d   lurk.gif  super.gif   bluegrab.gif

I use 87 also. My bike runs hotter on higher octane and gets bad gas milage. Overall it runs better on 87 octane as recommended in the owners manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back