Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plus Octane Boost

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrodedAlien

Registered
Everybody has their preference. I just run the low grade stuff myself without any problems. I'm not a dragger or knee dragger either.

:devil:

The manual says to use 91 octane or greater so that's what I put in. Esso, (Exxon), seems to work best for me.

Be careful with avgas, generally avgas is 100LL(100 octane low lead).  That's not saying its unleaded.

I use low grade since I have a tank at home. Wouldn't be worth having it filled with premium just for the bike. I've never had any problems with the low grade, but i use the fuel quickly.

I have just started adding octane booster, but about the only difference I notice is a slight improvement in smoothness off throttle.

If I only rode occasionally, I would probably use premium just because it has a better additive package and would probably stay good longer.

Johncal

She is my baby. I cant see giving her anything else but the best. You wouldnt give your kids rotten milk to drink. I sure as hell hope so anyway.

My 02 Manual said 87..so that's what she gets...besides...it seems to run a little better...(Seat of the pants)

I bought a thoroughbred, not going to fed her chaff.

Carefull of the 100LL sensors don't like getiing coated with lead.

I am tired of posting all the details, but as a chemist, I can tell you that a stock Busa will run best on 87 octane.

GUYZ and GALZ, the LOWER the OCTANE the HIGHER the performance!!! AGAIN, the LESS OCTANE THE MORE HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is true!!!! Octane refers to additives that lower the ignition point of the fuel. Why would I want to do that? Because if you have high compression, the fuel will ignite WITHOUT the sparkplug firing. Higher octane fuel will not suffer from preignition like lower octane fuels.

So what about my buddy, he runs 10x faster with 190 octane fuel... well, call Bull sheit unless he is also running 18:1 compression.

This is the greatest myth in motorcycle performance... except perhaps the "motorcycle certified oil" myth.... sorry folks, that is BS too! Take it from the guy would worked for the chemical company that made the additives....

:rant: :rant:

Since I am on my rant, may I add that while my Busa gets only 87 fuel, my KTM LC4 gets only 94+ octane... why? The LC4 with its mighty 640cc engine has significantly greater compression!!!!

ps. Higher octane fuels also add more carbon to the engine...

OK Doc,
You convinced me, I reant the same to my Auto shop classes but for some reason the busa always got the expensive stuff. Guess I'm one of those hypo-crytes. 87 octane cheep stuff here I come!

WELL WAIT, I said lower octane, NOT the cheaper stuff. Someone posted that they were running some shop-n-go fuel and the Busa stumbled, they switched to Mobil 93 octane and it was fine. I argued that it was probably the Mobil vs. Shop-n-Go that made the difference. I suggest always trying to stick with the big petro refiners. In fact, I shoot for Chevron because the Technon detergent additive does in fact work. If that's not available, I shoot for 76, then Exxon, etc.

Run the good stuff, just not the highest octane stuff!

Voted High, but 91 is as high as it gets up in the altitude. contemplating adding a little on the side and see how it responds!

WELL WAIT, I said lower octane, NOT the cheaper stuff.  Someone posted that they were running some shop-n-go fuel and the Busa stumbled, they switched to Mobil 93 octane and it was fine.  I argued that it was probably the Mobil vs. Shop-n-Go that made the difference.  I suggest always trying to stick with the big petro refiners.  In fact, I shoot for Chevron because the Technon detergent additive does in fact work.  If that's not available, I shoot for 76, then Exxon, etc.

Run the good stuff, just not the highest octane stuff!
Thank you for the clarification.  I have ben running the Cheveron high octane.  Will be checking out the "inexpensive stuff" :)

What about people saying that the lower octane fuel will turn your pipes faster. I know that all pipes will turn some what but does it turn more with the lower octane fuel? Just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back