Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low 87

• Plus Octane Boost

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading this, I filled at Texaco with 87. It seemed ok at first, just did some high speed riding in the country. Later, at a bike festival, I noticed some pinging when I would spool her up. The bike was hot, slow crawl down mainstreet. Did not do this with the 89-92, but may be the Texaco. I am limited here, Shell, Texaco, Citgo, Phillups66, any opinion about brands? 2003 w/ 1000 miles...

DOC BUSA I am a 87 user. With the 93 I would have a little popping going on in the pipes, but when I switched to 87 it stopped. I have an '02 SE. Now in Milwaukee we have BP witch took over amaco. We also have Mobile, Shell, Clark, Marathon, and Speedway. What info do you have on these guys for my bike.

<!--EDIT|Stallion
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071185130 -->

100 octane when I am really on it.  Never below 93 +octane boost(home made) which is about 96-97.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "sticky fingers on the keys"|1071255172 -->

Stock Busa will run very well on 87 octane, but run what you feel best. large motors and turbos and NOS you know the drill. wow.gif

I recently switched to 87 octane from 93. Other than the saving$, I've noticed no difference in performance at any speed.

If you want to get the best overall out of gas from your busa run 93 octane gas, put 5 gal. in your tank and go to a hardware store or a automotive paint shope and buy a gallon can of pure tolulene. Mix 32 to 46 oz. of this with your 5 gal of gas. This is an old school method of making your gas better it works great in engines where the compression is 10.5 or higher it is almost pure hydrocarbons which is what gas is made up from in the first place. You can run it all the time and it wont hurt any componet on your bike it just makes the gas your using burn like it should!!!!

Quote (NightStalker @ Dec. 23 2003,01:38)
98 unleaded, because it's the only fuel available.

dang.... ...ooh well .. i've been happy with 89oct ..in SoCal..

I see that the average is still leaning towards the pricier stuff... Even when the manual says 87 octane.

I guess you guys have money to burn.

87 here, unless I'm filling up parked next to the hubby's Harley that HAS TO run on high octane... laugh.gif Guess it starts knocking and pinging if he doesn't... tounge.gif

93 octane I put 20 oz. of tolulene in 5 gal. of gas!!! For any of you who have not tried this do it!!!! You will be amazed at what it does!!!! I have all of my friends on this mix now iIT WORKS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back