fuel air mixture advice

KCOLLS

Registered
Hey guys need some advice on fuel air mixture. Got a K8 with a Tsukigi cannon running the o2 sensor. I just ride the bike i don't race it or need the extra few HP from PC3 and tuning. Anybody have a suggestion on how to lean it out a bit without going the PC3 route? I was thinking a race filter but is the bike able to compensate for the pipe and it or would that go past what it as able to do and work? Thanks in advance...

The O2 will lean it out as much as possible through the stock computer without going too far. Nothing is necessary.

The O2 will lean it out as much as possible through the stock computer without going too far. Nothing is necessary.
I agree... nothing needed if you still have the O2 sensor hooked. The ECU will take care of everything for you. That's what so great about the 08 :whistle:

on a FI system with an O2 sensor the air filter will not cause A/F issues or correct one.. it can affect hp however due to total air flow available.. The oxygen sensor simply monitors the exhaust gas and adjust the fuel injector pulse width accordingly.. having the sensor too far back in the system can cause some issue however... (wrapping the pipes can help in this situation IME)..

if you have disabled the PAIR system, this could affect your bike as it has been calibrated with the system intact.. not sure of how much impact but it will affect the 02 readings...

Why do ya think is running rich? Do a plug reading.Those plugs will tell you all ya need to know.:2cents:
99% of all people do not know how to read plugs... I know racers that have problems with this..

you can not take a plug out of a motor and just look at it with a naked eye...

I found a pretty good explanation here:
Spark Plug Reading 101 by Mike Canter

(does not really touch on the fact that you need to have seen a lot of plugs to see minute differences however)

a light and a magnifying glass is really needed..

Ideling at a stop sign it reeks of exhaust fumes or when you get done riding it is strong enough that your clothes are covered in exhaust fumes also?

you have less of a muffler for the "fumes (unburnt fuel) to burn up. in stock can, by the time they exit, they will have burnt up, aftermarket muffler may not let them fully burn, so it can be using same amount of fuel, but the unused fuel isnt burnt in muffler.

you have less of a muffler for the "fumes (unburnt fuel) to burn up. in stock can, by the time they exit, they will have burnt up, aftermarket muffler may not let them fully burn, so it can be using same amount of fuel, but the unused fuel isnt burnt in muffler.

You cannot use that as a determination since fresh as is being pumped into the exhaust via the pair valve. Now if you pair valve was removed you can look at the exhaust tip as well as reading the plugs.

You cannot use that as a determination since fresh as is being pumped into the exhaust via the pair valve. Now if you pair valve was removed you can look at the exhaust tip as well as reading the plugs.
correct, muffler has nothing to do with amount of burned/unburned hydrocarbons..

I would get the thing to a shop and let them check the exhaust gas.. HC/CO/NOX readings will tell a story.. could be that the O2 sensor is damaged or not working at all... if you have a DVOM, you can check the 02 for operation and response times..

you got any buddies in the auto repair biz that has a clue about emissions systems? they can do this for you..

Back