Question about taking off the muffler compared to putting another system (say brocks)

Mabusa77

Registered
I was wondering what the difference is about when you take the cans off the hayabusa and run it, compared to running the bike with another system on. I know the O2 sensor adjusts the air-fuel mixture so it is should be stoichiometric over time. When you take the cans off the back pressure is less than with the cans on, so the O2 sensor should adjust the mixture the be stoichiometric. When you put a full system on like brocks for example, there is less back pressure and the O2 sensor adjusts the air-fuel mixture to make it stoichiometric. So i was wondering what the difference is compared to taking the cans off (with the cat converter still on and the O2 sensor still attached,) and putting another system on where there is little back pressure like with the cans off. When i think about it, the back pressure is similar when the cans are off, so would it mess the bike up taking the cans off and running it?

Re: Question about taking off the muffler compared to putting another system (say bro

aftermarket systems are lighter and flow more air...there is more to it to get some hp / torque...just the oem system must be cali / dmv / epa standards...decibel friendly

Re: Question about taking off the muffler compared to putting another system (say bro

I would think with stock tune torque would decrease and gain a few ponies up top if cans were taken off. A good aftermarket pipe could go either way. I'd say get a custom tune either way. I could be wrong I'm sure one of the gurus will chime in and tell you for sure.

I think the biggest difference would be weight, seriously.

I took the exhaust off my bike. Couldn't stand it, even at idle it was insane.

I rode my bike like that for 2 years. It's loud. All you need to do is the "marble mod"so it doesn't pop on deceleration.

Back