front wheel ticking

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
well as I'm slowing to a stop I hear my front wheel ticking
like it has a nail in the tire or something.

I take a look, no nail...
rock.gif

The ticking is there but when I apply a little brake...it is silent.

wtf.gif
is that...heck my pads are 3-5 months old max.

I looked everything over (not taking it all apart just a quicky) and nothing seems amiss.

What the heck is going on now, what could it be?

I had my front wheel of a month and a half ago to do my forks but...no noise since then.

Darn annoying...it's nice coasting up to a light....tick.tick.tick....tick.....tick........tick....stop.

It is a warped rotor, ask me how I know.
guns.gif

Most likely the left one when sitting on the bike.

The ticking you are hearing is the brake pad clicking in the caliper.

To diagnois this problem remove your front wheel fender and take the bike for a little spin.

Look down thru the triples and you can see which one is out of whack.

Disclaimer : you must be very careful doing this as to NOT have your brake lines rub on the tire.

Rats...ya know when I looked at it earlier that little annoying voice (annoying because it's right 99.99% of the time) said ROTOR.

And now that I think about it, the other day I got rained on hard and when gently stopping the front brakes did some kind of grunt grab grunk wierd thing. Stopped o.k. but not quitely. Went away after a couple stops and they heated up, figured I got some water or crud in there that went away.

Now it all makes sense being a warped rotor.

Unfortunately, I don't have any spare rotor money laying around (nor will I for quite a while)...so I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

Lately it seems like it's always something $$$$.

The BUSA IS NOT AN ECONOMICAL DAILY DRIVER.

Back