Warped Rotors!!!!

Big_E

Registered
last night i took her out for a ride. then i noticed like a ticking sound coming frome the wheel area. i took it into the garage and took the wheel off and found the my left front rotor is warped!!! :devil:

any suggestions on possible upgrades or should i stick with stock?

Upgrade to Brembo brakes.....
or just stay stock to save money, anyway you look at it. it's going to cost you, I'd say look into what the price difference is and decide.
Upgrading in this department is positively money well spent.
peace

Pads and lines are definately worth upgrading, rotors I'm not so sure about> at least for road use anyway.

I had warped rotors too> after about 8500 miles I think.

I switched the fronts to Galfer wave rotors to save rotational weight - about 2.5 pounds from the front. Cost was about $525. Not sure how much the steering feel changed, but I can get reasonably quick steering at 100+.
The braking is solid but not a radical improvement. I have steel lines too. It is good braking compared to stock set up, but doesn't throw me over the bars without grabbing a big handful. They are very predictable in hard braking and are a 1 or 2 finger pull to stop fast. No heating problem or fade so I haven't had any warping either. They seem to stay cooler under hard use. No scientific measurements of temperatures of course. But no bluing of the rotors from excessive heat. The wear is very smooth and even - like I am not asking too much.

I switched the fronts to Galfer wave rotors to save rotational weight - about 2.5 pounds from the front. Cost was about $525. Not sure how much the steering feel changed, but I can get reasonably quick steering at 100+.
The braking is solid but not a radical improvement. I have steel lines too. It is good braking compared to stock set up, but doesn't throw me over the bars without grabbing a big handful. They are very predictable in hard braking and are a 1 or 2 finger pull to stop fast. No heating problem or fade so I haven't had any warping either. They seem to stay cooler under hard use. No scientific measurements of temperatures of course. But no bluing of the rotors from excessive heat. The wear is very smooth and even - like I am not asking too much.

$525?? damn I wasn't looking at spending that much. Guess I'm gonna have to spend somewhere around that though. Looks like I will be getting that second job here pretty soon!

five an' a quarter plus taxes and install. WOW . U got that kind of bread Big E ?....for rotors....

Big E.....would you mind very much just adopting me.

I am presently looking for good care...also...

I am "house-broken"...so RARELY , wet the bed .

Actually BIG EF...it prolly just got bent in yer "mis-hap" , if it didnt bend with the miles you put on her, with yer ridin' style, I'd be tempted to pick one up from a wrecker or Ebay.

just me...my two one hundredths...

Have a good 1.....RSD.

Good to see you posting again RSD. where ya been?
I was on a lil' holiday , took 7 weeks off work , hit California for 2 weeks LA,Anaheim,San Diego kicked the crap outa the rental car...hee hee hee....came back home for a bit, then took off for a little get away over in MSF's neck of the woods,then did a little island hoppin' around the Pac-N.W.
Did a few thousand miles on the Busa , now I'm home for a couple months . Was gonna hit Hawaii this summer but , then I thought why run from hot to hotter, so I'm gonna do Hawaii in the Nov-Jan time .
Home for now.....
Yer up and runnin' again Ef....
VERY COOL .
Have a good 1......RSD.

Back