Front sprocket change (how)

crazyedmonton

Registered
I've been searching this and other forums on how to change the front sprocket.
I know I need a 32mm socket to get the nut off and it's a reverse thread.
But I can't seem to get the front sprocket cover off.
I've pulled all the visible bolts for it, is there one hiding somewhere?
Is there a DIY link (with pics hopefully) that I've missed, that someone could point me to?

Cory

there is like about 4 lil bolt, then wiggle it loose, then u need a alan key to take off the speed rotor sensor, then the socket, if u done have a impact best thing to do is get someone to site on the bike while its on the ground and have them to press the rear brake then u attempt to take the nut off,

Last edited:
Hello, I'm also removing the front sprocket. I didn't realize the front sprocket nut was reverse thread? It didn't indicate this in the manual I downloaded from this site. Right now, I am stuck removing the 6 mm hex head bolt that holds the speed sensor nut against the front sprocket nut. I have put quite a bit of force on it and just accessed this website to find out if that 6 mm bolt was reverse thread. The manual didn't mention any of that info either. Please confirm that the large 32 mm front sprocket nut is reverse thread and if the 6 mm bolt is too. Thanks for your help.

They are both hard to break loose. I recommend an allen socket on a ratchet instead of a regular allen wrench. It will make that speed sensor bolt much easier.

Back