Front slam

cueball

Registered
What is the best way to slam the front of my Busa? IDK if I should use lowering triple trees, straps, or lowering bushings or Plate?

Your going to get a lot of different opinions on the "best" way to do it. If you run a strap only use it for the drags and be careful not to tighten it down too much because you increase the chance of your front end washing out.

On my bike I have the soupy's blocks up front and then strap it down at the track. It does just fine that way.

I plan on eventually sending my forks out to have them cut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what you want to do will prob help

like fiend said straps are not good for anything but racing, even though ive seen it done, doesnt make it a good idea.

prob your only choice to slam it will be mod the forks and or replace the upper triple.

I never race on the track. I just run the highways and streets. But although I like to go fast I never race. I just want my bike to look good.

I never race on the track. I just run the highways and streets. But although I like to go fast I never race. I just want my bike to look good.

Just get your forks cut or go with spacers or a different triple.

Just get your forks cut or go with spacers or a different triple.

do they make spacers over 1". ive never really looked into them but seems like all ive seen is 1"

do they make spacers over 1". ive never really looked into them but seems like all ive seen is 1"

Come to think of it I haven't either. You could possibly get some made though.

New triple tree, imo. More height options than the block or strap.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Well, when you say slam, you'll need to go triple tree plate and clamp or have fork tubes shortened, etc.

To lower it a little for looks, go with the risers. Very cheap and easy to do.

Understand that this will change things. Warning : if you lock the steering left you will operate the front brakes. Some have dropped their babies learning this.

I had my last bike with the forks internally lowered 2". Stock triple tree.

That was too low IMO for the street. Speed bumps or driveway transitions meant scraping the pipe....

I would not go more than an inch

I like the combination of lowering tree and straps. I lowered 1" with the tree for everyday use and the strap for the track. I wouldn't go more than and inch cause the pipes scraping and the front fender hitting.

The lowering triple trees just allow you to slide down the forks to lower the bike, CORRECT? I shouldn't need anything else for the front after buying these trees?

The lowering triple trees just allow you to slide down the forks to lower the bike, CORRECT? I shouldn't need anything else for the front after buying these trees?

Those use to run > $300.00, the risers are like $20.00. Your ride your money :bowdown:

You just need ONE tree. It will be the upper most that holds your bars in place.

Back