Front seat lock?

ddd269

Registered
Hey guys,

Is there a locking front seat bolt or a locking system available? I just installed an alarm system and it seems a bit easy for perps to mess with the alarm if the front seat can be taken off with just an allen wrench.

Any ideas?

why didnt you put it under the locking rear?

Oh... I did put everything (main unit, siren, gps antenna, etc.) in the locking rear. I'm just talking about eliminating access to the battery, ecu, etc. off limits as well.

How about using those security hex bolts. The ones with the post in the middle. You need a special allen wrench with a hole in the middle to turn them.

Anyone got a pic? I'm mobile right now.

doesnt realy matter anyway, noone can hear your alarm goin off while its loaded into a cargo van and gone within seconds :poke:

doesnt realy matter anyway, noone can hear your alarm goin off while its loaded into a cargo van and gone within seconds :poke:

The alarm has got live gps tracking kind of like lojack. It will notify me of perimeter breach, shock and tilt. It's got battery backup so it should last until it's found until it's tracked down.

The security head bolts are your best option or relocate your battery.

Either way if it were my bike, I'd ensure a back up power source was installed too...

The security head bolts are your best option or relocate your battery.

Either way if it were my bike, I'd ensure a back up power source was installed too...

Yup... It's got a backup battery for the alarm and should last at least a few hours or more.

Anybody know what thread size are the seat allen head screws? I have no clue as to what the size (m4, m5, etc...) mean.

With regards to the security pin in the center of the hex screw: A couple of years ago the ignition switch in my daughters old Jeep went bad. I bought a new one and went to change it on a Sunday, and found the security screws holding the switch in. Wanting to finish the job that day, I found that two easy taps with a pin punch knocked the pins out, which allowed me to use a standard hex key, and job was done in less time than even thinking about finding the proper wrench. Bottom line is do the best you can, but don't obsess and go overboard. A real thief will defeat everything you have. A few seconds of thought on my part defeated the special screws and I am not a thief.

Hey guys,

Is there a locking front seat bolt or a locking system available? I just installed an alarm system and it seems a bit easy for perps to mess with the alarm if the front seat can be taken off with just an allen wrench.

Any ideas?

Weld the bolts on.:laugh:

Back