Quick Disconnects for Tank and Seat

(Powers739 @ Mar. 03 2007,22:25) Don't get any idea's Heavy... be more original... take the whole bike...
I'll take it one part at a time.
wink.gif

(Sloto200 @ Mar. 03 2007,11:43) One of the several things I'd like to do as well but for the price they sell those quick release pins i'll pass... to much money for me to buy something that just keeps me from grabbing an allen wrench...
You can get them in stainless steel for about $17.50 ea. at McMaster-Carr
in 1/4" shaft size in varying lengths. Do a search under pins, quick release - the site won't let me post the exact url. Anyway, if you can figure out what size you need, you can save $$s off the $59 price off the Tiger racing ones. They just buy them from someone else and mark them way up.

You need to measure from the inside of the flange to the little ball bearing to the nearest 1/4" - that is the "usable length" dim, then you need the diameter of the pin - 3/16" 1/4" 5/16" etc. (1/4" is cheapest), and you are good to go order it (assuming a standard measure part will work).

(GSXR4EVER @ Mar. 03 2007,07:14)
(rockadaous @ Mar. 03 2007,07:48) I may do the tank, but I wouldn't want someone jack'n my seat.  do you worry about that?
That was my first thought. I avoid tempting other people with things that would make me hafta kill them.
laugh.gif
Although i know you're serious!
crazy.gif

All this talk about seat stealing gave me an idea. Install a snowboard/ski lock (thin wire with lock) from the bottom of the seat to the frame. The dirtbag may get the seat unbolted/pinned but then will have to cut the lock or wire, something they are probably not prepared for when just taking a seat.
What do you guys think?

the tank mod can be done for a few dollars , go and get you whatever size they are, 6mm or 8mm bolts, cut the heads off, drill a hole in the top, get two of the lock keys and you are done.
if you want to dress it up go to lowes or home depot and get the little rubber caps for about a dollar.

go down to fastening an sealing, far right side of page, then go to pins.
it is the same pins like we use here for the seats.

Back