Quick Disconnects for Tank and Seat

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
I decided to install these quick disconnection hardware to remove the seat via detent pins and stud/hairpin for the tank.  

The Hardware for the seat.
DSC04655.jpg

You have to drill out the bolt holes in the seat bracket.  Don't forget to break the drill bit...
DSC04656.jpg

Check holes...
DSC04659.jpg

Install the seat and insert pins...
DSC04663.jpg

Now for the tank.  Removed the bolts, and installed the studs with medium thread lock and ensured holes are aligned.

The hardware.
DSC04664.jpg

Installed
DSC04668.jpg

Lower the tank and adjust the height of the studs...
DSC04669.jpg

Now go drink a beer (or six)

I may do the tank, but I wouldn't want someone jack'n my seat. do you worry about that?

(rockadaous @ Mar. 03 2007,07:48) I may do the tank, but I wouldn't want someone jack'n my seat.  do you worry about that?
That was my first thought. I avoid tempting other people with things that would make me hafta kill them.

(GSXR4EVER @ Mar. 03 2007,10:14)
(rockadaous @ Mar. 03 2007,07:48) I may do the tank, but I wouldn't want someone jack'n my seat.  do you worry about that?
That was my first thought. I avoid tempting other people with things that would make me hafta kill them.
I disconnect the battery after every ride ('cause I don't know when I'll get to ride again), and my guess is that it probably doesn't take that much longer to remove the hex bolts.

Besides, if someone's looking that close at your seat to see if you've got quick release pins, you've got bigger problems.

(rockadaous @ Mar. 03 2007,07:48) I may do the tank, but I wouldn't want someone jack'n my seat. do you worry about that?
It doesn't take much to carry a 5mm allen wrench with ya. Bottom line, if someone wants the seat, they're gonna take it - quick release pins or not.

(omslaw @ Mar. 03 2007,09:41)
It doesn't take much to carry a 5mm allen wrench with ya.  Bottom line, if someone wants the seat, they're gonna take it - quick release pins or not.
Some thieves would go out with tools and take a seat that they want - not much stopping that. Others might become theives for a day just to take an un-secured seat because they could.

But, I also think that not too many people are going to look that close at it to even see the pins in the first place, or know what they are, unless there's something else drawing attention to the bike.

If you want to make it less removable for the general public, then there's always tamperproof fasteners and alarms.

One of the several things I'd like to do as well but for the price they sell those quick release pins i'll pass... to much money for me to buy something that just keeps me from grabbing an allen wrench...

Nice I got the tank pins like those too. I just don't want to do the seat one because it makes it easy to steal.

I'm not worried about someone stealing it, now I am going to jinx myself, some one is going to jack my seat while at the Bash... Other than that, you just have to buy a new seat. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that...

(Powers739 @ Mar. 03 2007,21:05) I'm not worried about someone stealing it, now I am going to jinx myself, some one is going to jack my seat while at the Bash... Other than that, you just have to buy a new seat. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that...
+1

If you really think about it, its only an allen wrench away from being stolen any way

Back