Tank Quick Release

InfiniteReality

Registered
I'm sure someone has done this before, but the idea came to mind when I was having to remove the tank and seat to upload different tunes to my PC3USB. All I bought was a small SS threaded rod, 2 SS washers, 2 SS pins and nut. I cut the rod in 1/2 and used the nut to clean the threads. I then drilled a hole at the top of the rods for the pin to fit though. Used a little blue lock-tite when I put the rods on the bike to secure them. Cost me a couple of bucks and 20 minutes of time.
smile.gif

IMGP3202.jpg

IMGP3203.jpg

looks good. i bought mine from a board member on SHorg. they have lanyards attached to the cotter pins so you dont loose em

top the bolt heads off with some rubber tips, vacuum line type
lowes has different colors

I saw those somewhere,,,maybe on ebay????the kit had quick pins for the seat also....not sure if i would use the seat quick pins seems like it would damage the threads over time.

Now you need a quick release at the hinge!

Now that would be sweet!!!
beerchug.gif

(psycobusa @ Oct. 28 2006,14:41) looks good. i bought mine from a board member on SHorg. they have lanyards attached to the cotter pins so you dont loose em
That would be me

TankPins1.jpg

TankPins2.jpg

The more the merry. Heres another link on how to make your own quick release pins.

Well done I/R  
super.gif

I got mo time than money !!!!!!

(Rhythm @ Nov. 05 2006,10:16) The more the merry. Heres another link on how to make your own quick release pins.

Well done I/R  
super.gif

I got mo time than money !!!!!!
That is totally messed up!!!!!!!!! Those are my Seat and Tank Pins!!!!!!!!! MY SIGNATURE IS THE DIMPLE ON THE TOP OF THE TANK PINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Gixx1300R @ Nov. 04 2006,13:35)
(psycobusa @ Oct. 28 2006,14:41) looks good. i bought mine from a board member on SHorg. they have lanyards attached to the cotter pins so you dont loose em
That would be me

TankPins1.jpg

TankPins2.jpg
Will push/pull pins work for the tank as they do for the seat except that they would need to be smaller?

Yes they will but you will need to get a smaller diameter shaft and length to make it work. KINDA SUCKS WHEN SOMEONE STEALS YOU IDEA. I HAVE ALREADY GONE THROUGH THIS BULLSHIT WITH TIGER RACING ABOUT STEALING MY IDEA FOR THE SEAT AND TANK PINS

I will appologize on this thread too, the pics of the install are of his pins (pics are easily aquired these days).

But as Rythym and I discussed they can be made.

There was some confusion around what what said and the steps I posted regarding the install.

Sorry to get you fired up Gixx1300R, i didnt mean any harm.

Look, guys are just posting up useful do-it-yourself info here...something other riders can try at home...no one's trying to make money from this idea here, so no need for the drama...sorry about the mess with Tiger Racing, but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand or the members posting up ideas to help others...

Let's move on...  
beerchug.gif

Back