Anyone with alarm w/ pager system

Furball

Registered
I am looking into an alarm with a pager system...does anyone on the board have any experience with these at all...I am a\wondering how hard they are to install and if they are worth it....I already have a disc lock on the front and rear rotor along with a cover with a cable lock on it...but I am just overly cautious....My wife had her Ninja 250 stolen and I am extremely paranoid because this year will be the first time I don't have an indoor garage to store the BUSA...

I just moved to Lancaster, PA and we have a townhouse with no garage....When the bike is here it will be outside under a cover(locked) along with two disc lock (one Xena alarm)...I am very set on a pager system..but want some advice b4 hand...

The bike will be in Lancaster part time though...I am constantly driving to and from Pittsburgh for work and when in Pittsburgh the bike is garaged...so the alarm is needed only part time....What do you think....is the Xena disc alarm enough or should I go for the pager system too???

Thanks in advance...

I have the Scorpio SR-i500 on my 04 Busa and love it. Here's a link to the page: Scorpio SR-i500. You can also talk to ks-waterbug for our group discount on the full package, I think it's around $318 shipped to your door. Very easy system to install.

Added the Scorpio SR-i500 just after I bought my busa. Easy install and I couldn't live without it.

I've been pulled out of stores a few times because of kids messing around and once because a cop was giving me a parking ticket.

Nice knowing "she" will wake you if "she" needs you.

Well worth the investment.

..., trip

Have the same on mine and it spends most of its non-riding time in a garage.

Same here.... I have the Scorpio SRi500 and its a very good and reliable system! Fully vouch for that one bro. Why dont you send a PM to Ks-waterbug, he arranged a group buy for all of up once.... he should be about to get you the best rates onthe system if the group buy is still going on!
biggrin.gif

I'm using the Komodo from talonalarms.com. I have had trouble with it but it did wake me up last night during a wind storm. This alarm has no tilt switch. It has no adjustment for shock sensitivity. The proximity feature works fine and is adjustable. Support from Talon is great. They've just developed and are selling a gps tracker too.

anyday i will vouch for scorpio, gave me my mental peace especially after losing my ninja 12 r and my ist hayabusa .
but i still take as much precuations as possible. chains locks, alarms, motion sensors in the garage, anything and everything which can defer the determined scumbag.

Of the people who have the Aritronix, any comments on how well the perimeter add-on works?

Also, what sort of realistic range have you found the remote to function at?

Thanks,

John

Welcome to the board HeliBusa. You're so lucky to be living in Vegas. I would love to live there. Anyways, I really like the perimeter add on. It is adjustable to be as sensitive as you want it. I haven't really tested out the remote yet as far as distance, as I haven't had the bike out yet for Spring. I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks guys...I am defnitely going to go for it...but I am in tight with a kid at a motorcyle shop and he is giving me a good discount on a system....should I install myself??? How difficult??? I probably will install, but I have no shop manuals so figui=ring out any wiring harnesses is a #####...

Thanks again....wasn't sure if it was worth it but it definitely is....so the bike will have 2 disc locks, a cover with a cable lock and then an alarm with pager....think that should be enough....

IL_BusaBoy ,

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.  

Las Vegas is a great place to live, both for riding and having more breast implants than anywhere in the free-world......
idea.gif

With your perimeter alarm does it set off a siren or a recording, like "Get the hell away from the bike!!"?

At the moment I am shopping for an 05 and have pretty much decided on the Scorpio system.

My body got one and after see it i wanna one too,it s coming this week,i loved!!!i am in NY they still a lot of bikes here,i know the alarm dont stop then,but let you know if someone is closed to the bike.

I am interrested in the scorpio setup if anyone knows if there is the group rate still going on. Please let me know

Group buy is still going on. Just PM KS-Waterbug for the details. A great deal on a great system.

Back