Magnetic switches to protect front and rear seat. How ?

mwgw

Registered
Has anyone installed two magnetic switches to protect the front and rear seat, connect to the alarm. How did you do it. Where did you mount the magnetic contact and how. I have an NO alarm output cable from the alarm.

It would be just like another switch or two...like the contacts on a house window. It might not be worth the time / money to get it working...it is one more thing that can go wrong and shut your bike down. Hide a switch for the fuel pump / ign and save yourself some money...having a mag switch on the seat is not available for a reason.

It would be just like another switch or two...like the contacts on a house window. It might not be worth the time / money to get it working...it is one more thing that can go wrong and shut your bike down. Hide a switch for the fuel pump / ign and save yourself some money...having a mag switch on the seat is not available for a reason.

But the alarm is easily accessed under the rear seat. Its only to open it and rip it off.

But the alarm is easily accessed under the rear seat. Its only to open it and rip it off.
Better to invest in a good insurance because people don't steal seat they steal bikes! I had one stolen in 2001 and it had a nice alarm and was chained with the kryptonite lock and was taken in the middle of the day so I would just keep insurance on it and your good.

Better to invest in a good insurance because people don't steal seat they steal bikes! I had one stolen in 2001 and it had a nice alarm and was chained with the kryptonite lock and was taken in the middle of the day so I would just keep insurance on it and your good.

He means that you car rip the seat off and access the alarm and disable it.

He isn't worried about getting his seat stolen!:rofl:

Get a proximity detector and add it to the system. When they walk to close it will warn then go off.

Back