Front end

Yes in that it lowers the front.

No in that using straps compresses the suspension giving you less suspension travel.

There are trade offs to both.

With the clamp you can lower, but you still have the same suspension travel which could allow the fender to hit the bottom of the nose if you go too low.

With the straps you're less likely to go fender to nose, but being compressed, the ride will very firm.

There are other issues too, but noone is answering probably because this has been discussed a million times. Try using the search button at the top.

Ride safe!

Thanks for the info. I looked for the search button and couldn't find it. I am used to seeing it plain as day over at gixxer.com but, I just can't find it here. I must be having a brain fart, can you point me in the right direction?
rock.gif

Yes in that it lowers the front.

No in that using straps compresses the suspension giving you less suspension travel.

There are trade offs to both.

With the clamp you can lower, but you still have the same suspension travel which could allow the fender to hit the bottom of the nose if you go too low.

With the straps you're less likely to go fender to nose, but being compressed, the ride will very firm.

There are other issues too, but noone is answering probably because this has been discussed a million times.  Try using the search button at the top.

Ride safe!
+1 on that. 2 inches lower and you WILL hit the fender.
And it will happen when you under hard braking. You will hear LOUD hit and you can brake the fairing. Worst part is that you will go of the brake .
strap it down completelly, then lower it with tripple tree when suspension fully compressed using straps to the point about half an inch above fender and tighten a tripple tree. You can go a bit lower, but please bee careful. I did hit the fender and let go off brake before turn and barely make that turn, a little faster that I`m comfortable with.... I didn`t crashed but , Man, it was close.

I understand completely. I had already planned to take your advice and take off the straps. That is why I bought a new triple tree to lower it. What I was trying to figure out was, do I need to take it to the shop to have the tree installed or can I do it?(I am mechanically inclined but, not a mechanic)

You can do it and a tree is the best way to lower the bike . I'm lowered an 1" and will use a strap when I race

cool. When I get the tree I'll let yall know how it goes. I really appreciate the quick feedback. I'm going to miss gixxer.com but, you folks over here are off the hook.
cool.gif

Back