Lowering Front

dalaster88

Registered
Whats the best way to lower the front forks without buying a triple tree. I've heard about loosening the triple tree clamps and letting the fork slide futher up. I was just wondering what a good, cheap, way to lower the front.

forks wont slide though the top clamp on a stock busa, you can either buy a top clamp, an upper tree, or a spacer.

Ebay dude! I got the (4) 1" lowering bushings and bolts for $17. Raises the stock triple cover 1" to allow the fork tubes to slide up.

When you install the spacers it will raise the handle bars up 1". If you are doing this for the purpose of lowering the front end you would then slide the fork tubes up which would then lower the entire front end of the bike (including the handle bars) down 1", putting the bars back at stock height but everything else lower. It's actually alot easier to do than you think.....

I didn't notice any change in the ride really.... I would MOST DEFINITLY recomend doing the kickstand mod if you haven't already....really stands up alot straighter with the 1" drop. Over all I think it just makes the bike look a little meaner when parked:laugh:

Whats the best way to lower the front forks without buying a triple tree. I've heard about loosening the triple tree clamps and letting the fork slide futher up. I was just wondering what a good, cheap, way to lower the front.

good and cheap....do those belong in the same sentence??? If it were me, do it right the first time and invest in a new triple tree. Theres no telling what safetly issues may be involved with playing with the stock one...straps are a temporary fix for the drag strip....

I agree good & cheap aren't a good combo. Though I wouldn't consider spacers as a danger/high risk. Check your levers for fairing clearance when turning the bars full lock. Personaly I feel strapping the front could be be considered more dangerous for the streets.
good and cheap....do those belong in the same sentence??? If it were me, do it right the first time and invest in a new triple tree. Theres no telling what safetly issues may be involved with playing with the stock one...straps are a temporary fix for the drag strip....

Back