Front Brakes

Check....

1. That the master is full.
2. Bleed them again.
3. Pump the lever 3-4 times, maintain pressure on the lever.
4. Open the bleeder screw.
5. Close the bleeder when the lever gets 1/2 way to the grip.
6. Start with the left one...left as you are sitting on the bike (clutch lever side)
7. Do this 2-3 times, till you get ONLY fluid coming out.
8. Now do the right side (same as the left)
9. Check the master again (fluid).

OKey dokey...good luck
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif
After working at this the last 4 days, I've determined that I have a bent Brake side rotor. $250.00 OEM part. Going to shop tomorrow, maybe they'll cover it, but I doubt it.

(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,19:37) Hey guys, replaced front and rear tire today. When finished both front and rear brakes were soft. Pumped the brakes. Rear brake working fine. Front brakes will pump up, but go soft again. When the bike is stationary they pump up and maintain. As soon as I roll the bike no front brakes. Neither brake system was ever opened.

Any suggestions
rock.gif

I've researched brakes and haven't found this situation. Do I need to bleed the front brales eventhough the system was never opened
rock.gif
From one Robert to another...... did you ever get your brake straightened out? Just curious what it was. Hope all is well!!!
cool.gif

rock.gif

Picked up my rotor today, plan on installing it Friday or Saturday. If you have aany helpful hints or advice I would appreciate it. It seems pretty straight forward.

Thanx All
bowdown.gif

I hear ya Heavy brother. The bolts were heck to get out. Blue locktite a plenty from factory. Went well and snugged everything down as hard as possible. Will check soon. Brakes pumped and are functional. No more bent rotors. Can't afford it.
SHOCKED.gif

Thanx for everyones help
super.gif

Back