FRONT BRAKES

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So I got the wheels off getting new tires mounted. I figure it's a good time for new brake pads. So I install them (easy job!!) and get wheels back on the bike. I spin the rear wheel and pump the brake--everything's great. Go to spin the front wheel and there's LOTS of drag. There's always been some drag, but now there's much more. I mean you can spin it, but it's like 2 times the drag as before. What's up??? Spin the wheel and pump the brake and they grab fine. Think they just need to be bedded in? Can't really ride 'cause of the snow. Should I worry or just go with it? Thanks

Did you change the type of pads that you put in? HHs have a little drag for a little while...

Did you open the brake fluid reservoir to allow the fluid to roll back up? Also, make sure the little clippies are in there correctly.

--Wag--

Just put EBC HH on rear and ended up back at the shop three times before they stopped screaming.

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 27 2007,20:36) Did you change the type of pads that you put in?  HHs have a little drag for a little while...
Yea, that might be it. I not really too worried-I know everything is back together correctly (checked it 3 times!!!). When the weather breaks, I'll take her for a little ride and see what happens.

my EBC pads dragged when first installed, but it soon cleared up. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

cheers
ken

I'm getting ready to put EBC HH and braided lines on mine to so I'll let you now what happens.
wink.gif

Back