Frame Slider?

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I ordered and received THESE Frame sliders.  The idea here is they have a solid base that attaches to the motor mount location, then the Delrin slider screw on to the end of that.

The advantage here is a cleaner look with no bolt hole in the end of your slider.

Now the question, the package I received specifies 99-05 Busa, but they are exactly the same right and left, absolutely no difference.  Now I thought at some point during the past year I had read that the right and left slider were different lengths.

Am I just crazy, or does it just depend on the manufacturer or spmething.

Thanks for any help before I go drilling holes.

I think what you're referring to is that one of the sliders sticks out more than the other one, I believe it is the right one, but don't hold me to it.

rock.gif

Generic sliders are basically a one size fits all and you end up with one sticking out further.

From the looks of that link (and the price tag) you bought custom sliders that should be equal lengths when looking at the bike.  Even the bolts appear to be different lengths in that picture.

I'd say they screwed up your order.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110074079 -->

I ordered and received THESE Frame sliders.  The idea here is they have a solid base that attaches to the motor mount location, then the Delrin slider screw on to the end of that.

The advantage here is a cleaner look with no bolt hole in the end of your slider.

Now the question, the package I received specifies 99-05 Busa, but they are exactly the same right and left, absolutely no difference.  Now I thought at some point during the past year I had read that the right and left slider were different lengths.

Am I just crazy, or does it just depend on the manufacturer or spmething.

Thanks for any help before I go drilling holes.
Okay dude lemme make this easy for you cuz it drove me NUTS when I did my sliders. I had to call vortex and ask them the same question. Basically the hayabusa motor is not symmetrical. For proper impact protection one of the sliders needs to stick out farther than the other.....(that being the right side if you are sitting on the bike). You should two motor mount bolts which I see in the picture and yes one of the motor mount bolts should be longer than the other one and that is the bolt that will go in the right side. The pucks should be the same size though. If you have different size pucks something is wrong. At least thats how vortex sliders are. So basicall man don't fret. It doesn't mean one puck should be longer it just means it should stick out the side of the motorcycle farther but thats just due to a larger motor mount. Hope this helps.

Sorry, double post. See below.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110110857 -->

It seems like forever ago, but I think the point everyone tries to make is that the right side slider sticks out farther than the left side slider. Again, I can't remember exactly, but I believe that the sliders themselves were the same size and the mounting bolts were of different lengths. These are the LP sliders that I got and you can see the difference in bolt lengths. I think you are okay, but it has been a while for me and I don't have my bike in front of me!

278.jpg

Thanks guys, one bolt is definitely longer than the other, but the sliders themselves are the exact same size. Like I said, I just thought reading somewhere that one was longer than the other. I guess it was just one stuck out further than the other.

I appreciate the info guys.

Thanks guys, one bolt is definitely longer than the other, but the sliders themselves are the exact same size.  Like I said, I just thought reading somewhere that one was longer than the other.  I guess it was just one stuck out further than the other.

I appreciate the info guys.
Alright man now start your cutting. You will feel better once thats over with trust me! lol

mine are billets and they are two different sizes, the longer one is on the left side as you sit on the bike, because it goes in farther.....that would sux having both not looking universal on the bike sorry bro

The exterior of the bike is symetrical, one side does not need to stick out further for protection.

If that kit you ordered was supposed to have one short slider and one long and they sent you two short ones by mistake one side of the bike is not going to be protected.

my sliders are different size but the screws are the same, longer slider is for the left side so that they look the same.

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110166984 -->

sliders.JPG

i have a set of billet sliders on mine. the left one is longer. if you have one longer bolt, just space the left side out. i think it is only about 1/2" difference. good luck

Here's a pic of mine installed showing that the right side (as your riding) slider does stick out farther. I think it can be accomplished either with a longer slider or a longer screw with the same effect.

BabyJ-ZGDBWindscreenCFMirrorsandTobinSeats.jpg

I have the billet ones from Rumble Imports and they work great. One is slightly longer than the other, but if you notice where the engine mount bolts are, the right side is closer to the fairing than the left. So, I put them in just opposite and they look even on both sides.

I have the billet ones from Rumble Imports and they work great.  One is slightly longer than the other, but if you notice where the engine mount bolts are, the right side is closer to the fairing than the left.  So, I put them in just opposite and they look even on both sides.
In other words. I put the longer one in on the left side.

hi guys .i soon to have frame sliders fitted by local dealer cost is
£56.00 pounds plus £40.00 for drilling fairing plus fitting sliders .
i think price is o.k as i don,t want to mess-up fairing when drilling holes?
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|chapsbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110230963 -->

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back