Frame polishing

jjckflsh

Registered
Hi,

Anybody know of any postings or links to explain how to polish the frame.  Did a search but only came up with 1 posting which really had nothing on how to do it.

Jack

80 grit. 120 grit, 280 grit, 600 grit, 800 grit, 1000 grit, 1200 grit, 1500 grit, 2000 grit, then finally 2500 grit.......

took me several weeks but it worked out....

post_12_66823_ZAINO_2.jpg

I use toliet paper and Mothers polish for polishing....tried cotton balls and old tee shirts but for me,,,,,,well shid paper works for me:p

yup same process  for wheels other than some use a striping compound to remove paint first

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139844836 -->

that looks sick i have a guy thats gonna do it for $400 i hope it comes out that good..

Thank for the Info. Your bike looks so sweet. My bike is the same color scheme so now I am psych to get this going. What did you do to seal off the rest of the bike from the dust? How dusty was it? Could I do this indoors? Did you use any particular power tools? Thanks Jack

Thank for the Info.  Your bike looks so sweet.  My bike is the same color scheme so now I am psych to get this going.  What did you do to seal off the rest of the bike from the dust?  How dusty was it?  Could I do this indoors?  Did you use any particular power tools? Thanks Jack
it is SUPER MESSY. tape off everything you can.

I taped off areas where there was paint to avoid accidentally hitting the paint with the sand paper but other then that I just sanded and sanded and sanded. I would recommend a small electric sander to get the initial cut. Some parts of the frame is easier to get polished then the others. If you use a power sander be careful not to sand thru, that wouldn't be good. Oh and I did it outside but did do a dirtbike frame inside in the living room,,,,,, don't tell the wifey
wink.gif

CR250_PIC_2.JPG

Back