Polish Frame Step By Step

For a Frame and Swingarm buy at least 10 of ea sandpaper. start with 80 all the way to 2500. I recommend any polish compound that doenst contain nothing abrassive. Is going to take u longer but is not going to scratch ur work.

If u do it right is going to take u a long time. At least couple days. Dont get rush doing it. Just be patience and do it right. I have a saying " i dont care how long or how difficult is all i care is the end result ". I use diamond polish. Is expensive as hell but is the best thing ever.

MAN BUSA:

Good question. I do the wet sand method. All the way.

1299: I polish my frame almost 2 years ago. I clean my bike every weekend. Sometimes twice a week. But i never sanded the frame again. I just clean it with wax and a microfiber.

i'd have to be REALLY bored to do that this winter. omg, looks like a major pain.

MAN BUSA:

Good question. I do the wet sand method. All the way.

1299: I polish my frame almost 2 years ago. I clean my bike every weekend. Sometimes twice a week. But i never sanded the frame again. I just clean it with wax and a microfiber.

Pardon me for my ignorance... By wet sanding, you mean you soak the sandpaper in water first than you sand it?? or you wet the surface with water before you sand it? Or both??

My next question will be... wet sanding throughout the grit (80,120..... 2500) ???

It doesnt matter which one u do. Just make sure that frame is always wet. Just because the sand paper slides better and it creates a smoother surface. And yes wet sanding all the time ( 80....... 2500 )

Looks nice. I will try doing mine later this week and will post pics once it's done. It will be at least 1 month due to schedule.

looks really good i thought about doing it but i think i might chrome mine, just because of keeping up with polishing it all the time. I Polished a few lil things and it was a pain so i just bought the peices in chrome. Question after you polish it is there something you can put on so it doesnt oxidize?

Nice work.. My buddy is actually polishing his busa as we speak.. Its already polished he just needs to clean up the oxidation..

Looks really good.. Nice work..

Back