Frame painting ruins value?

Blacksmith

Registered
I met a couple guys the other night on the road, one on a slightly stretched GSXR 750 the other on a brand new BMW 1000 rr. After I surprised both of us by walking away from the BMW (and doing my first serious power wheelie in the process!) we stopped and talked at a gas station I was talking about going back to black and going with a candy red on the frame the BMW rider told me to not ever touch the frame even for paint or it'll ruin any resale value of the bike. I don't see ever getting rid of Pashence anyway but thought you good could tell me why that would hurt the value so bad. Btw after outrunning an awesome new bike like that (only up to 90, it was a red light drag on a small road after all) I looked at the specs on his bike and shocked that a 2020 BMW is still noticeably slower 0-60 while being a good bit light than our bikes

I met a couple guys the other night on the road, one on a slightly stretched GSXR 750 the other on a brand new BMW 1000 rr. After I surprised both of us by walking away from the BMW (and doing my first serious power wheelie in the process!) we stopped and talked at a gas station I was talking about going back to black and going with a candy red on the frame the BMW rider told me to not ever touch the frame even for paint or it'll ruin any resale value of the bike. I don't see ever getting rid of Pashence anyway but thought you good could tell me why that would hurt the value so bad. Btw after outrunning an awesome new bike like that (only up to 90, it was a red light drag on a small road after all) I looked at the specs on his bike and shocked that a 2020 BMW is still noticeably slower 0-60 while being a good bit light than our bikes
Torque is a good thing....

I don't know about resale values dropping after a frame respray...just don't cover or remove the info plate.

Torque is a good thing....
Dude I was so excited I felt like a 10 year old!! I twisted on her and up came that front tire and I held on to it until I shifted and I swear she almost picked it back up when I hit 2nd but I backed off at 90 then 1/2 second later he came screaming by me to the top of the overpass.

Don;t ever let anybody tell you how to customize yer own ride.Isn't the right to mess with one's own bike covered by the Bill of Rights?
Listen to opinion forsure,but do yer own thing especially if re-sale value means little or nothing to you. Facts are,you can mess yer own ride up real bad.
Do ereprible damage looks/value/safety wise.
Empty yer wallet.
Create something yer friends and family laugh at.
Build something you couldn't give away,let alone sell. etc.

I happen to love a black/red combo (see my ride below).
Only combo I might like better,orange and black.

My $ .o2 worth....powder coat,don't paint. Remem...alot of heat goes true the frame.

Rubb.

Don;t ever let anybody tell you how to customize yer own ride.Isn't the right to mess with one's own bike covered by the Bill of Rights?
Listen to opinion forsure,but do yer own thing especially if re-sale value means little or nothing to you. Facts are,you can mess yer own ride up real bad.
Do ereprible damage looks/value/safety wise.
Empty yer wallet.
Create something yer friends and family laugh at.
Build something you couldn't give away,let alone sell. etc.

I happen to love a black/red combo (see my ride below).
Only combo I might like better,orange and black.

My $ .o2 worth....powder coat,don't paint. Remem...alot of heat goes true the frame.

Rubb.View attachment 1614887

View attachment 1614888
Dude I love those bikes, how much stretch is that? That's exactly how far i want to go. 4-6"?

I would take extensive pictures of the frame, particularly before the coating process, in order to provide a reference for possible future buyers that it was not painted in order to cover up damage.

If using paint, how about painting frame covers?

OOOOO,I so love it when somebody asks about my scooter,I am very proud.
2010,4 in. stretch. Turbo, spitting fire at 550 HP.330 wide tire kit.All built so right. See this post: Roaring Rubber

Rubb.
WHOAAA!! 550?! I'll be satisfied with 250hp thank you much but dude that's awesome and on a beautiful bike too, you have plenty reason to be proud brother!

Back