Frame paint

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
I need to know if the frame of the busa has a special paint on it. I got my new boots in and went riding last sat night and i was looking at the bike just now and noticed that theres paint missing on the frame on the left side where my foot goes. I started looking around and noticed that that boot has a screw on the side of it right there. Not cool. So I fixed the screw thing and now I need to fix the paint thing. So I need some input. Thanks

Well now its even better. The right side has some scratches on it also. Grrrr!!!

I know my stock rear sets had a coating on them but over time my shoes have pretty much polished mine all shiny and I know the frame is coated in something to help keep it from oxidizing

Last edited:
Rearsets painted with some cheap thin coat of silver paint. Easily scratched. Very easy to sandblast.

No paint will ever withstand metal screws. Only powdercoating will. I have Gaerne boots with metal screws and mine rearsets look like crap in 2 days. after i powdercoated them black... no more visible scratches.

LE and 08 busa frames are powdercoated with cheap crap powder and can be scratched easily.

You can touch up with regular paint.

Rearsets painted with some cheap thin coat of silver paint. Easily scratched. Very easy to sandblast.

No paint will ever withstand metal screws. Only powdercoating will. I have Gaerne boots with metal screws and mine rearsets look like crap in 2 days. after i powdercoated them black... no more visible scratches.

LE and 08 busa frames are powdercoated with cheap crap powder and can be scratched easily.

You can touch up with regular paint.

Hey vic, what's the best method for REMOVING factory powder coat? Thx

Damn crappy powdercoating. Ill try and paint over it with some rattle can but I have a feeling its going to look like crap now.

Damn crappy powdercoating. Ill try and paint over it with some rattle can but I have a feeling its going to look like crap now.

Hey bro, i wouldn't try rattle canning it ::9 At best spray some of that rattle can(i would use satin blk) into a little cup or the cap, and then take a small paint brush, and "dab" the scratches ONLY(will take a few "coats" do to rattle can paint is very thin), then you can use some paint thinner to wipe excess off frame.....should match alot better that way :beerchug:
BTW, i've used this trick before on my 70 Chevelle, and well.... ya, kinda oakie , but worked rather well!

Last edited:
Back