Spray painting the frame

spot the paint! tried to match the lines of the fairing onto the frame much like VA...............Lamb is such a wanna be

hayabusa_painting_006_resize.jpg

"05 owners know about the sticker that doesn't cover the plastic completely.Talking about the sticker that goes betwen the two holes in the fairing where the blak runs at a 40 degree angle back! Cleane dit up here! Looks good huh???

hayabusa_painting_001_resize.jpg

(GMbusa @ Feb. 01 2007,19:45) Tom, i have an extra arm. Your more than welcome to use it to get it powdercoated as long as i get another arm back eventually. That, or i can have the powdercoat shop down the road do it for you and you just cover the cost. I could match it up to the black frame on my 07'
Thanks Paul, PM sent.

Tom.

bowdown.gif

(Over_Easy @ Feb. 01 2007,19:49)
(Postal @ Feb. 01 2007,12:35) Oh yeah, my swing arm is next. It has to come off though, so I am having it powder coated.

P.
Actually w/ the black/silver paint scheme the silver swingarm doesn't look to bad as is...but we all have the sickness.
Thanks, but yes I too have the sickness. I think I am subconciously trying to turn this thing into my long-gone 02LE that I miss very much.....
cool.gif

(Over_Easy @ Feb. 01 2007,12:29) Okay, so how would one go about the actual paint process (conditioner, primer, paint, finish, etc.?)
Soooo, can anyone answer this question?

Looks like the first step is to sand the frame some how to remove whatever finish it has?
rock.gif

(Over_Easy @ Feb. 03 2007,01:02)
(Over_Easy @ Feb. 01 2007,12
super.gif
) Okay, so how would one go about the actual paint process (conditioner, primer, paint, finish, etc.?)
Soooo, can anyone answer this question?

Looks like the first step is to sand the frame some how to remove whatever finish it has?
rock.gif
Revolution would be best qualified to answer. I shot mine out of a can.  Not a lot of sanding required, just fine sand everywhere you want to paint, wipe clean, use an air gun if you have one and spray the surface to thoroughly remove any debri/dust.  Mask, shoot one light coat of grey automotive primer. Let dry thoroughly (probably at least two hours, but read the can).  Light sand, air gun for dust, spray one light coat of semi-gloss flat black (assuming that is the color you want), wait 15-20 minutes for the paint to flash, spray a second light coat covering the surface (do not spray heavy, it will run, but not too light either). Wait for the second coat to dry (per can instructions).  Third coat is up to you.  You are done.

Good luck.

Tom.

sounds right postal. i'd add: wipe with an auto paint degreaser then hit it with the air to blow off lint/dust in those steps. and yup check the can for flash times and air temperature.

(Revolution @ Feb. 03 2007,04:27) sounds right postal. i'd add: wipe with an auto paint degreaser then hit it with the air to blow off lint/dust in those steps. and yup check the can for flash times and air temperature.
+1..... Thanks Rev.

P.

Back