blue wheels

Thanks!!!

powdercoating is the way to go for stuff like that..little brackets I did and some bolts ect were nice and are holding up well..if they dont I will go with the pc Myself..

Hey they are still as the day i stripped and then noticed the stripped wheels were on 6 out of ten bikes at a gathering. So Walleye world auto dept had the dupli color just for bright metal chrome, aluminum. Its translucent. So much it won't even change the color on the black. $4.75 a can. One can will do both wheels! Even synthetic chain lube hasn't effected it so far. The art canister came that way anodized! Kinda why I chose that color. Its the same color of the 07 Busa! I know tooo much info.
all_coholic.gif

8daytona8,

did you polish the rim area you painted? how is the paint holding up?

do you have any close-up pics of the rims?

they look good.

man i keep posting questions a second after the post is being answered
laugh.gif

so this stuff sticks like glue? no chips/scratches?

As of this morning and i haven't done a thing but wipe em off with WD 40 to keep em clean.
AOL.com Images Not Available

do you remember final sandpaper grit used for polishing?

[begin jaws movie theme music now]...

firedevil.gif

No primer needed just wiped em down with Mineral spirits and spun the wheel! this stuff will scratch off but but would need to be a pretty good scratch to remove it. Powder coat is the ticket but!$$
super.gif

No sanding!!
all_coholic.gif
Kleen strip, mineral spirits, paint and blue mask tape for tires and black edge when stripping $13.?? for all from yep you guessed it Wally world. A cheese wedge with diff corners works good for scrapping the stripped paint! and make sure you get every spec of the primer off!! The dupli color don't like it and will fish eye.
beerchug.gif

Back