Airbushing a new 2008 - Value question?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I want to have a friend airbush my new '08 Org/Blk. I'm looking for something very radical like a tear back with underlying metal and rivets. Nothing very original, but I think the colors will work well.

Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys thought about resale on a custom paint job like this. Will it lose value, gain value, have no effect? Obviously if the job looks like crap it will lose value, but I'm going for something professional looking, no cartoons or personalization, just something very artistic.

Any thoughts?

It would depend on the buyer if the custom job is worth extra bucks. If you are having this done for your own enjoyment, I say go with it. However, if you are looking to increase the value of the bike, you most likely will not receive a return on your investment equal to what you spent.

Unless you are thinking of getting rid of it soon, I wouldn't worry about the resale value. Is the cost worth it to you to have a unique ride? I'm on my 3rd year with the Revolution artwork on the bike, and having a bike that stands out in a crowd is worth every penny that it cost. Since I have more than 50,000 miles on the bike, I don't expect a great resale value anyway.

You could always buy another set of used plastics to put on it when you go to trade it in and then sell the other unique plastics separate.

Enjoy!!!

if you're keeping the bike for a while, then by all means GIT R DONE and enjoy. But if you're planning to sell soon, then custom paintwork can go bothways: either buyers will like it (and bike will sell fast) or NOT!

Back