Fork Seals gone.. time for an upgade... but what springs/oil for my size?

Jza

Registered
Hey Gents,

My front left forks sprung a leak. I've started noticing there less and less damping.... the bike seems to bump over things rather than absorb them. Was cleaning the bike yesterday and noticed a big black ring of gunk on the fork leg on the left fork.. about 2 inches down :(

Closer inspection reveals a tiny leak.... a smidge of oil spreads out as i bounce the forks down.. ouch.

Just jumped on a mates bike, bounced it a bit at the front, then did mine. LOL.. mines like a pogo stick!!! No wonder I found the Alps hard work on holiday LOL

So i'm thinking... rather than just get the seals done, might as well get some proper fork springs fitted at the same time and maybe slightly heavier oil (seems to have worked looking at other posts) to match my weight.

Anyone understand / can tell me how i work out what springs to order?

I'll be honest, i'm not sure how it works. Its a K8.. i weigh 260lbs? Seems like i can get Ohlins kit pretty easy on-line. Any idea what fork oil to order

Jza

hi jza give this guy a call tomorrow and he should sort you out MCT suspension 01449 777161
they posted springs out for nxt day and then i got the forks done local as i dont have the usd kit to diy it.

also you can try maxton or kais as they do all suspension fixes

i got 1kg springs and fitted full synth 5w oil which seems to work fine after the .85kg fitted

im 185lbs so your gonna need springs off a truck lol

hi jza give this guy a call tomorrow and he should sort you out MCT suspension 01449 777161
they posted springs out for nxt day and then i got the forks done local as i dont have the usd kit to diy it.

also you can try maxton or kais as they do all suspension fixes

i got 1kg springs and fitted full synth 5w oil which seems to work fine after the .85kg fitted

im 185lbs so your gonna need springs off a truck lol

Sods law they are on holidays hehe

Back