Fork seal leaking?

Mine are leaking(left is the worst)now,started around 10,000 miles and now at 11,300 is pretty bad.Just tried a Seal Mate and fluid practically poured out when I shoved the curved tip up there so so much for that.Seems like they should last longer than that.Don't want to fight with it myself so looks like off to a shop and $250,crap!

Mine are leaking(left is the worst)now,started around 10,000 miles and now at 11,300 is pretty bad.Just tried a Seal Mate and fluid practically poured out when I shoved the curved tip up there so so much for that.Seems like they should last longer than that.Don't want to fight with it myself so looks like off to a shop and $250,crap!

You can do a seal change without removing the springs!
It's easy!
And around $80 for oem seals and whatever oil you chose(gotta get 2 qts, as they'll both hold just over one).
$170 saved goes a long way for a couple hours work.

Mine are leaking (left is the worst) now,
started around 10,000 miles and now at 11,300 is pretty bad.

Just tried a Seal Mate and fluid practically poured out when I shoved the curved tip up there so so much for that.

Seems like they should last longer than that.

Don't want to fight with it myself so looks like off to a shop and $250, crap!

Figured I would see you posting in this thread ~ did you get in touch with the shop to repair your seals . . .

ChaChaCha%20logo_zpskr62uhe8.jpg

Nope,they're only open from 10:00-2:00 on Sat./closed Sun. so will call them in the morning and see if I can get it in this coming Fri. or Sat.All I need is to get fork oil on my pads and try a hard stop.:D

Back