Ford GT

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Since Train was goin off about the new stang ... I thought I'd toss this out there ...

A buddy of mine is the service manager at a large dealership here in Nor Cal and he tells me the other night to drop by the shop as they had just taken in a new Ford GT 40 with a coolant line gone bad.

I had the privledge of sitting in a $250K car that I have loved the lines of ever since i was a kid in the 60's ( I used to have models of the GT 40 ) ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! From the blower to the BBS wheels to the titanium everything in the cock pit right down to the Mcintosh sound system incredible!

One of my top 5 dream wheels.

Oh and then i find out it's owned by one of my dad's buddy's.

also check out the Ford website re. this beast ... Ford GT click here

GT_p_concept_04.jpg

yep...definitely sweet, Kent. Although I'd have to pimp myself out for an eternity to afford the price.

It is a sweet looking car but $250,000?
rock.gif
I mean really after all it is just a Ford.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, definitely worth the price tag. A modern day supercar remake of the greatest race car of all time? Made ferrari look real sorry at lemans in the 60s. 1.2.3. finish in a 24 hour race is unbeleivable especially with the amount of development time they had.

I see at Cars.com you can start with a price of about $139K but of course most of the dealerships cant even get one, but E-Bay ofcourse can getcha one for between $200-400K ... Damn e-bay
mad.gif
cool.gif

Ok it's still a Ford but after seeing the 60sec. commercial
down.gif
I want one
drooling3.gif

If Ford can make a car like the GT-40, then why can't it do a better job on their other cars? The $11K Busa will still beat it except for the very top end...That's funny
laugh.gif

i know where talkin bout teh gt but what happend to the cobra

That's a beautiful machine. I too was a fan of the original GT40 which was originally designed to spank Ferraris on the racetrack. The new one is also an uncompromising "beast" that's designed for speed/handling and not elegance, but it still has that amazing shape. There was areally good documentary about the making of the new version on TV a short while back.

By the way, it's the Ford "GT". I heard that they can't use the "40" anymore because some other company owns that name now and wouldn't sell it back to Ford.

Wish I had that kind of money...

If ypur talling of the original Cobra, it will be out soon, they redesigned it too with input from the Master Caroll Shelby. It is the last part of what Ford calls the Power Triumvirate, which includes the Mustang GT, The Ford GT, and the new Cobra. Check it out

If ypur talling of the original Cobra, it will be out soon, they redesigned it too with input from the Master Caroll Shelby.  It is the last part of what Ford calls the Power Triumvirate, which includes the Mustang GT, The Ford GT, and the new Cobra.  Check it out
What's the price gonna run on the cobra? I wonder how much it actually costs Ford to make a GT?

No im talkin bout the svt you know you got he base model, gt, and cobra

hold on so theres no 2005 svt cobra???
mad.gif

Back